About the course
Dyslexia can be termed as a brain neurological disorder that affects one's reading, spelling, writing and as well as speaking capability and is hence also known as a learning disorder. Children suffering from dyslexia appear to have problems with speech sounds known as phonics or phonemic awareness. Here they may confuse letters and words and spell and pronounce them wrongly. For instance the words "a beautiful dress" may be spelled as "a deautifulbress" by a dyslexic individualdue to difficulty in processing information in the brain,it is a problem with understanding and working with language.This disability is a lifelong issue, and continues throughout the affected individual's lifetime.
Children suffering from dyslexia need unbridled love, care and support from their parents, caregivers and most importantly from teachers at school. Hence those with a proper knowledge on the disability is more at a favourable position to provide the much needed assistance and support to the children suffering from the disability.
Why this course?
Since doctors and psychologists are unable to detect this disability, hence many of them suffering from it get diagnosed at the elementary level or even after that, when the child get older and deal with more complex materials.However, dyslexia has nothing to do with the intelligence level of the individual; they have equal or even IQ level as regular children. It has also been found that it is a genetic disability where kids whose families have a history of dyslexia are more prone to suffer from this disability.
The course will acquaint the candidates with the strategies and the approaches needed to support the affected individuals and help them overcome their challenges and discover their strengths and potentials. Due to delayed language development, they develop low self-esteem and hence tend to talk less at school and be susceptible to peer taunts and ridicule leading to unfavourable experiences and mental trauma for the affected children.
This course on Understanding DYSLEXIA for Teachers will try and instil the requisite knowledge required for them, whether they are new to the profession or are seasoned professionals, such as helping them discover each of their own learning styles and approaches, their strengths, assist them as much as is possible, use external materials, and many other essential strategies.
Who should attend?
- Whether the classrooms are inclusive or are non-inclusive ones, a classroom may have learners with dyslexia. Teachers trained in dealing with such types of learners will find it easier to conduct classes and progress according to their planning
- A training in Dyslexia will enable the teachers to understand the capabilities and potentials of the learners suffering from dyslexia and then use ways and methods to realise them
- Any aspirant aspiring to become a trained teacher in a good education institute or are looking for better positions like that of a teacher-in-charge
- For budding entrepreneurs who are looking to open a creche or a day-care centre for children, knowledge on the ways of dealing with dyslexic children will be of great help
- Even for parents or care givers who have a dyslexic child at home, they may hugely benefit from the course as they gain knowledge on the subject matter
What do you learn?
- Attain a thorough idea on dyslexia; the relation between phonics and dyslexia, know about its symptoms and how it may affect the individual's daily life
- Learn about the importance of phonics in speech development and proper pronunciation
- Explore the ways to teach spellings to understand the main origin of the spelling and pronunciation issue
- Learn about various organisations that may help the individuals with dyslexia
- Learn and explore the various causes of dyslexia including hereditary factors
- Understand the process of diagnosing the disability so that you as a teacher might be able to identify if any child is suffering from it
- Learn about the different signs of dyslexia and its different types
- Learn to identify and differentiate between dyslexia symptoms and the other symptoms related to reading or speaking disability
- Explore the role of a speech therapist for dyslexic individuals and how their speaking and listening skills can be improved
- Understand the relation between listening/speaking skills with reading and writing abilities
- Learn about dyscalculia and its various problems
- Learn how to teach science to dyslexic students, as they usually away above average IQ quotient
- Explore the effect of art, music and all that is creative in the life of the affected learners
- Know about the influence of dyslexia while learning a Second Language, especially English
- Learn about the MSL (Multi-Sensory Structured Language) method of teaching various languages to affected learners
- Learn to identify adults suffering from dyslexia in the workplace, how they deal with their reading and writing difficulty, and the issues that may arise while working with them
- Know about the other disabilities they may arise along with dyslexia such as ADD, ADHD, and dyspraxia
- Learn about the various treatments available and used for different kinds of dyslexia, as well as for ADD and ADHD
- Learn when dyslexia can be termed as a disability and the facilities that they are provided with, by law
How do you learn ?
- As the course is provided in the online mode of learning, the aspirants are able to pursue the course from different parts of the world
- The course being made accessible from different parts of the globe at any time of the day which maybe from the comfort of your home or from other places of your convenience makes it easier to pursue the course, along with the added advantage of being cost-effective than classroom programs
- Being an online program, the course can be pursued without interfering with other commitments in your life
- In order to provide support to the candidates and guide them throughout the entire course period, we provide online tutors throughout the course
- The study materials not only comprise of written resources, but also with exhaustive video presentations to aid the candidates in understanding the course
- At the end of each module there will be assessments which the candidates need to complete in order to go on to the next level and in the process complete the course and receive a Globally Recognised Certificate
- As you are acquainted with the concept of dyslexia, you develop a feeling of empathy towards the affected child and their family, making it easier for you to interact with them and help them enrich their life
- The course acts as a huge career boost and help you in getting various opportunities and volunteer work in various organisations around the globe
- The system requirement to pursue the course is: processor 1 gigahertz (GHz) and 1 GB RAM.
- It also requires an operating system with any of the followings: Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS or iOS with a browser such as Internet Explorer 8 or above, Google Chrome, Safari 8 or Mozilla Firefox.
After this course
After successfully completing this professional course on Dyslexia, you will surely be provided with many new prospects. At the end of the course, the candidates gain expertise on the subject giving them the opportunity to apply for teaching positions in various organisations, or as teacher-in-charges, and training positions in schools. The degree will also help those who have opened day care facilities or creche or are thinking of opening one in the near future. Moreover, since this course is internationally recognised, it will certainly help you in realising your dream of working abroad.
You can avail the course at a reasonable fee of 20,000 INR/250 USD/190 GBP/7750 THB.
You can opt for a number of easy ways to pay your fees using Debit / Credit Card or by depositing Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft to our bank account. After the payment is credited the candidates will be receiving payment confirmation with online admission form. They need to fill up the same and submit in order to get online access to the course.
The course can be completed within a span of 12 months.