About the course
Special Education Needs for Teachers is a course that implies the methods and the strategies to be applied by educators looking to teach SEN learners or in inclusive classrooms accommodating SEN learners. Nowadays, it is inevitable that most classrooms will have learners suffering from a Special disability and being able to meet their needs and requirements is one of the biggest challenges for the teachers. Teachers need to make some modifications as well as accommodations, comprising of devices and materials and create a safe learning environment exclusively for SEN learners, in order to make learning easy as well as interesting for them.
The course promises to acquaint the candidates with the various requirements and challenges of the industry and also the various tools, materials, strategies and techniques to be used when handling learners with SEN. The course comprises of modules which deal with the various approaches needed for physical and emotional disabilities and effectively deal with issues arising when working with these learners.
Why this course?
Teaching SEN learners is certainly a bit different from teaching regular learners. SEN learners are not incapable of learning, but need different learning strategies than regular learners, to suit their different learning abilities. Special Learners require more time, compassion and patience from the teachers as well as different learning instructions and strategies to be able to support and guide them, thereby understanding their learning potential and realising them. However, helping SEN learners can be satisfying and fulfilling too for you as a professional individual as you are overcome with a sense of achievement by getting the opportunity to guide them.
Besides helping the SEN learners with their educational requirements as well as developing their learning potentials, special educators are also responsible for building certain skills and confidence in themselves so that they grow up to be independent individuals. A professional training course like that of Special Education Needs for Teachers will prepare you to face the challenges as well as acquaint you with the requisite tools and strategies needed to become prosperous in this field of teaching.
Who should attend?
- For teachers responsible for educating learners with higher degree of disability or even for those SEN learners included in inclusive classrooms, knowing the latest and the correct approaches to dealing with them will be beneficial for the aspirants
- Teachers trained in efficaciously dealing with specially abled learners will find it easier to conduct classes and progress according to their planning in classrooms comprising of SEN learner
- Any aspirant aspiring to become a trained teacher in a good education institute or are looking for better positions like that of a teacher-in-charge
- AFor budding entrepreneurs who are looking to open a creche or a day-care centre for children, knowledge on the various effective ways of dealing with SEN children will be of great help
- Even for parents or care givers who have children at home exhibiting various behavioural or emotional disability signs, they may hugely benefit from the course as they gain immense knowledge on it
What do you learn?
- Get a clear and detailed introduction on SEN, along with its history and evolution
- Learn about constructivist learning theories and how they can be useful in SEN classrooms
- Learn about the SEN code of practice and its application in the classrooms
- Get a comprehensive idea of Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator (SENCO) in schools
- Understand the various needs of each SEN learners and the differences between a specific learning disability and severe learning disability and how those needs can be compassionately met
- Learn the art of time management
- Learn about the various behavioralchallenges and tantrums/angerthe educators are likely to face (along with its psychological perspectives) and how to react in those situations
- Learn about the various different physical as well as sensory disabilities how to overcome them
- Understand the theory of cognitive and learning development and know how to address its impediments, as well as speech/language and communication problems
- Get a clear understanding on the various specific learning disabilities such as ADHD, Asperger's Dyslexia, autism, et al
- Know about the correct teaching approaches and strategies to be used in education sessions, their outcomes and the educator's responsibilities in a SEN learner's life
How do you learn?
- As the course is provided in the online mode of learning, the aspirants are able to pursue the course from different parts of the world which may even be from the comfort of your home or from other places of your convenience
- The course will make you well versed with the SEN code of practice as you aim to work in this profession
- Being an online program, the course can be pursued without interfering with other commitments in your life, with the study materials always available with you
- In order to provide support to the candidates and guide them throughout the entire course period, we provide online tutors throughout the course
- The study materials not only comprise of written resources, but also with exhaustive video presentations to aid the candidates in understanding the course
- At the end of the course material there will be 30 question multiple choice assessment which the candidates need to complete; after the course completion receive a Globally Recognised Certificate
- As you are acquainted with the SEN, you develop a feeling of empathy towards the affected child and their family, making it easier for you to interact with them and make a real difference in their lives
- The course acts as a huge career boost and boost your confidence thereby helping you in getting various opportunities and volunteer work in various global organisations
- The system requirement to pursue the course is: processor 1 gigahertz (GHz) and 1 GB RAM.
- It also requires an operating system with any of the followings: Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS or iOS with a browser such as Internet Explorer 8 or above, Google Chrome, Safari 8 or Mozilla Firefox.
After this course
After successfully completing this professional course on Special Education Needs for Teachers, you will surely be provided with many new career prospects as well as develop a different outlook towards life. After the completion of the course, the candidates gain expertise on teaching learners with SEN, giving them the opportunity to apply for teaching positions in various organisations, or as teacher-in-charges, or as research scholars in educational institutes located in various corners of the globe. The degree will also help those who have opened day care facilities or creche or are thinking of opening one in the near future.
You can avail the course at a reasonable fee of 22,000 INR/315 USD/240 GBP/ 10000 THB.
You can opt for a number of easy ways to pay your fees using Debit / Credit Card or by depositing Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft to our bank account. After the payment is credited the candidates will be receiving payment confirmation with online admission form. They need to fill up the same and submit in order to get online access to the course.
The course can be completed within a span of 12 months.