About the course
Sign languages enable those with disabilities to express themselves in words and communicate and interact with family, teachers, peers and friends. Sign languages are most often used in classrooms with deaf or hard of hearing students; however students with non-verbal or other speaking disability may also benefit from using sign languages. It has often been found that SEN students often have a difficult time in communicating and conveying their feelings and emotions verbally to others. For them, communicating in sign language may be the best available option for them.
Teachers need to therefore know the various signs to be used with the students so that they are also able to teach those techniques to the students and then use them for their communication. This course on Sign Language for Teachers aims to thoroughly acquaint the teachers on the British sign languages to be used in the classroom and become an effective sign language educator.
Why this course?
Various hand gestures, body language, facial expressions comprise of what is known as sign languages. It will enable the teachers to reach a wide range of students, thus also helping them to reach all the learners present in the classroom.As classrooms are becoming more diverse nowadays, accommodating learners of various abilities, the use of sign language becomes a necessity in the classrooms. For SEN students such as those suffering from Autism Spectrum disorders or with Down syndrome who suffer from difficulty in speech (also known as speech impediments), or are hard of hearing, sign languages are an effective medium of communication.
The course will enable the teachers to engage the students actively in the classroom assist in language and communication development and also promote effective positive peer relationship. Moreover teachers also feel that using sign languages promotes class discipline, keeping the students focused enabling effective communication.
Learning sign language is a new subject altogether for the aspirants, it is like learning a new skill. By enrolling for this course, special educators will become effective teachers who will be able to device effective plans and strategies to unravel each learner's potential and abilities.
Who should attend?
- Whether the classrooms are inclusive or are non-inclusive ones, knowing the latest and the correct sign languages to be used will be beneficial for the aspirants.
- Teachers trained in sign languages will find it easier to conduct classes and progress according to their planning in classrooms comprising of learners with hearing impediments or SEN
- A training in Sign Language for Teachers will enable the teachers to understand the capabilities and potentials of the learners suffering from various speech or hearing disabilities and then use ways and methods to realise them
- Any aspirant aspiring to become a trained teacher in a good education institute or are looking for better positions like that of a teacher-in-charge
- For budding entrepreneurs who are looking to open a creche or a day-care centre for children, knowledge of sign languages will be of great help
- Even for parents or care givers who have children at home exhibiting various speech, hearing disabilitiesor SEN signs, they may hugely benefit from the course as they gain intensive training on the usage of sign languages
What do you learn?
- Get acquainted with the basics of British sign language (BSL) and learn how it is different from conversational language. Also learn the how to begin a conversation using sign language
- Learn the various uses of sign languages; and the many different sign language systems used in various places around the world
- Understand the meaning of deaf awareness and how to positively encourage it among people/communities
- Gather intensive knowledge on the different sign languages that are used, such as words, numbers, phrases, questions, etc. used in British sign languages
How do you learn?
As the course is provided in the online mode of learning, the aspirants are able to pursue the course from different parts of the world which may even be from the comfort of your home or from other places of your convenience
- Being an online program, the course can be pursued without interfering with your busy life schedules, with the study materials always available with you all along, helping you learn the various BSL
- Become an expert in the sign language professional field and get selected by the best employers around the globe
- In order to provide support to the candidates and guide them throughout the entire course period, we provide online tutors throughout the course
- The study materials not only comprise of written resources, but also with exhaustive video presentations to aid the candidates in understanding the course
- At the end of the course material there will be multiple choice assessment which the candidates need to complete and after the course completion receive a Globally Recognised Certificate
- The course provides you with detailed insights into BSL as well as the other alternative means and acts as a huge career boost and help you in getting various opportunities and volunteer work in various global organisations looking for the best sign language professionals
- The system requirement to pursue the course is: processor 1 gigahertz (GHz) and 1 GB RAM.
- It also requires an operating system with any of the followings: Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS or iOS with a browser such as Internet Explorer 8 or above, Google Chrome, Safari 8 or Mozilla Firefox.
After this course
After successfully completing this professional course on Sign Language for Teachers, you will surely be provided with many new career prospects as well as develop a different outlook towards life. After the completion of the course, the candidates gain expertise on the various use of different sign languages giving them the opportunity to apply for teaching positions in various organisations, or for volunteering opportunities in organisations located in various corners of the globe. Pursuing the course and learning sign languages will also help those who have opened day care facilities or creche or are thinking of opening one in the near future.
You can avail the course at a reasonable fee of 20,000 INR/250 USD/190 GBP/7750 THB
You can opt for a number of easy ways to pay your fees using Debit / Credit Card or by depositing Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft to our bank account. After the payment is credited the candidates will be receiving payment confirmation with online admission form. They need to fill up the same and submit in order to get online access to the course.
The course can be completed within a span of 12 months.