About the course
In the age of working parents, Nanny is an important person for many busy families who require a person to look after their child/children aged between 0-5 years of age. There is a huge demand for childcare providers around the world as children tend to become alone when both of their parents are working . A nanny is fully invested towards a child's well being and development when looking after the child. Other responsibilities vary from creating daily schedules for children and to engaging them in various activities that will ensure a healthy mental, physical and emotional growth in them. It is quite obvious for parents to be inquisitive about the person's capability with whom they are going to trust their child with. So,this requires an introduction or special training in understanding the work as well as kids of various ages. If you have a love for childcare and possess the patience and the enthusiasm to pursue thisisas a fulltime career, this is the perfect course for you to take little steps towards achieving your career.
Note: Certificates must be applied within 3 months of course completion.
Cache Endorsed Certificates are included with the course and are available after completion.
This course is CACHE endorsed.
These courses are provided in partnership with Laser Learning.
Why this course?
To become an efficient and trained nanny, one needs to go through the various stages before venturing into the world of childcare. With a professional course aspiring caregivers will learn to tend to children with effective physical care and development, including children's illnesses and how to look out for them. It will also impart the idea of nutrition in children with the skill of cooking healthy and nutritional meals. The course effectively instills the health and safety matters ensuring asafe and secure environment and a stimulating atmosphere for their growth. The course provides fair idea about home safety, first aid and medicines, engaging the child in various activities where he/she can learn through play. Understanding the needs of children makes for a vital point in the training towards becoming a nanny. It is a rewarding profession where you can have the pleasure of watching children grow, develop and learn in a safe and happy environment. Opting for this course will allow you the scope to provide working parents with a supportive pillar for their children.
Who should attend?
The course can be opted by :
- Part time nannies willing to work as a full time nanny
- Those willing to take up this as a career option
- Already working nannies looking for an upgradation in their skills
- Babysitters can also opt for the course
- Those willing to gain necessary knowledge that can be added to their CV to boost their scopes of bagging a job to stay ahead of the competition.
- Willing candidates who love children and posses the patience to take it up as a full time career
What do you learn?
Learn about the essential role of the professional nanny and how to handle the inevitable challenges involved with working in such a relaxed and personal environment.
- Get to grips with the importance of a routine, and why, even in its simplest form, an established routine is an essential foundation to any day. Learn more about some of the various elements of a routine, such as nap times, hygiene, meal times and organised events.
- Appreciate the significance of time management, and how it is a crucial skill for any nanny. Learn how to plan ahead and organise events and ideas in advance, including the use of the television as an educational tool.
- Learn about the importance of respect, professional boundaries, confidentiality and good communication, to ensure the relationship between nanny and parent is one built on mutual respect for each other.
- Understand some of the basic, essential requirements needed to become a professional nanny, including the necessary paperwork, training, registrations and liability involved.
- Identify the five key aspects of health and safety that need to be considered, and the importance of risk assessment.
How do you learn?
Study material that has been developed with the British Association of Professional Nannies (BAPN) - you're learning from the best.
- Take advantage of written course material, tutorials, PowerPoint presentations, activity sheets and multimedia resources to provide you with in-depth information about the role of a professional nanny. Varied learning resources will help to hold your attention and maintain your motivation to learn and work through the syllabus.
- Gain essential knowledge that can be added to your CV to boost your chances of bagging a job and staying a step ahead of the competition.
- Assessment via four easy to navigate sets of ten multiple choice questions.
- No need to be currently working with children to complete the course; study in advance of prospective job role, in-between or alongside childcare positions.
- Extended learning and independent study opportunities are available, should students wish to read further around the subject area, including links to websites, recommended reading, useful guidance notes and self-evaluations.
- Work towards becoming a qualified nanny, and benefit from holding a unique, rewarding and fun position that is essential to many modern families.
- Learn at your own pace, whenever time allows. Course material is delivered online, and can be accessed at any point, 24 hours a day, and 7 days a week. There are no deadlines, other than the ones you may set yourself.
- Technical support is on hand, should you need help using the courseware at any point.
- You must have a system with a processor of 1 gigahertz (GHz), 1 GB RAM, Operating Systems supporting Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS, iOS and Browsers with Internet Explorer 8 or above, Google Chrome, Safari 8, Mozilla Firefox
After this course
Successful completion of the course is sure to pave the way for many new opportunities to work as an efficient nanny. The course provides the required amount of skill and understanding to make an efficient nanny out of those willing to take it up as a full time profession. With proper skills, one will find broader job opportunities with a much higher pay-scale compared to those who are not trained. The certificate will certainly prove beneficial which is of necessity in many modern families where there are working parents.
You can avail the course at a reasonable fee of 20,000 INR/250 USD/190 GBP/7750 THB.
You can opt for a number of easy ways to pay your fees using Debit / Credit Card or by depositing Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft to our bank account. After the payment is credited the candidates will be receiving payment confirmation with online admission form. They need to fill up the same and submit in order to get online access to the course.
The course can be completed within a span of 12 months.