About the course
Explore the importance of supervision, and why it is required within any early years setting, with this in-depth course that is aimed at Academic Level. Staffs that are well-supervised are proven to perform better, with fewer concerns raised by parents, fewer recorded complaints and a more consistent service provided. This short course, written by childcare consultant, can help to ensure good practice is continually observed.
Since September 2012, it has been a legal requirement for staff within a childcare setting to receive supervision, ensuring that all staff members can focus on their personal and professional development in order to ensure the most effective practice provision. Through this course, you will learn about some of the key aspects of supervision, and what you can do to ensure the optimal performance of staff within your early years setting.This short course is intended to be studied by early years' managers, but would also be extremely useful for any current or aspiring team leader or supervisor to get to grips with this area of managerial practice.
Note: Certificates must be applied within 3 months of course completion.
Cache Endorsed Certificates are included with the course and are available after completion.
This course is CACHE endorsed.
These courses are provided in partnership with Laser Learning.
Why this course?
For staff members to feel empowered and able to talk about any issues, adequate supervision needs to be in place. Staff should feel safe discussing issues regarding safeguarding, roles and responsibilities, concerns and ways of improving a setting and supervision provides a safe arena in which this can take place. Sign up to this course, implement and improve supervision in your setting, and you will soon see the benefits - not just for your staff members, but for the children and the families who use your service.
Supervisions are not about being judged and telling someone they are not very good at their job, it's about looking at their performance and supporting them. Practitioners need to feel valued, appreciated and when a manager demonstrates a positive approach to reviewing their work this can help achieve a clearer and wider perspective.
Early Years settings should have a supervision policy that outlines the importance of regular supervisions and how they can contribute to a positive working relationship. Effective supervisions allow for open communication and promote best practice. Having time away from the children to reflect on practice is an ideal opportunity to self-evaluate and reflect on your own practice.
Who should attend?
- Individuals providing Early Years childcare
- New and existing Early Years practitioners who work in schools
- Childminders and everybody else who is on the Early Years register
- Those who want to work with children
- Early years practitioners who want to learn the skill of managing children at their early age
- Anyone who plays a big role in the growth of a child Montessori teachers who want to brush up their skills to assist children in their early years
- People who are looking for a career change
- Aspiring school leader or supervisor
What do you learn?
- You will appreciate the need for legal requirements for supervision within early year's environments.
- You will understand the importance of supervision, and the crucial part that it plays with regards to professional and personal development of staff members. Identify ways in which it can help a setting improve its early year's provision.
- Get to grips with some of the aspects of mentoring, support, coaching and training to ensure all early years practitioners in your setting are committed to continuous professional development.
- You will understand the importance of communication during supervision, and what other qualities help to create effective supervision in the workplace.
- You can improve practice with peer-to-peer observation, and think about how you might include it within your own supervision process.
How do you learn?
- Progress through the course material from the comfort of your own home. All resources that students need can be accessed online, at a time that is convenient to them. There are no deadlines to adhere to, so work at your own pace.
- If you have any technical issues while using the courseware at any point, our support team are available to help.
- Download activity sheets which are full of useful tasks that can be completed to enhance your learning journey.
- Recap and monitor your progress with a handy multimedia quiz half way through the lesson.
- Expand your knowledge further by embarking on some independent learning, and work through some of the recommended extra reading ideas, including a range of activities and course-related books.
- Use a variety of resources, including videos, tutorials and presentations to help you absorb the knowledge as well as possible.
- Finish the lesson with a multiple choice test that can confirm your new-found knowledge.
- Study as a standalone module, or combine as part of a learning suite of courses that cover other useful topic areas, including leadership, managing people and continuous professional development
- Be a better manager and provide supervision that can benefit all who use your service.
- Embark on a learning journey to make yourself the perfect candidate for that supervisory or managerial promotion.
- You must have a system with a processor of 1 gigahertz (GHz), 1 GB RAM, Operating Systems supporting Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS, iOS and Browsers with Internet Explorer 8 or above, Google Chrome, Safari 8, Mozilla Firefox
After this course
This course will help you to work as an early years' childcare practitioner in several schools. You will be eligible to teach not only in schools but also in several educational organizations. You can teach in Montessori, primary schools, playschools and other multiple places. If you are already a teacher but are looking to sharpen up your skill set, change jobs or negotiate a higher salary, this course will set you on the path to career progression by boosting your confidence and ensuring your knowledge is as secure and up to date as possible.
You can avail the course at a reasonable fee of 20,000 INR/250 USD/190 GBP/7750 THB
You can opt for a number of easy ways to pay your fees using Debit / Credit Card or by depositing Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft to our bank account. After the payment is credited the candidates will be receiving payment confirmation with online admission form. They need to fill up the same and submit in order to get online access to the course.
The course can be completed within a span of 12 months.