About the course
Just after the birth of a child, its combination of genetics and other environmental influences has a significant role in shaping who that child becomes. Each child is born with a unique set of abilities to do great things, but identifying and developing that potential is the real hard-work and depends on the proper environment that allows them to grow up.Healthy development in children is crucial, which means that children of varied abilities, including those with special health care needs, are capable to grow up when their social, emotional and educational needs are met. Having a safe and loving home along with spending time with family, playing, singing, reading, and talking are very important. As an early child practitioner, it is your job to make sure that children are healthy and safe. To succeed in their teenage and adult life, they need to be equipped with skills and resources and inculcate basic cultural values in them. Parents and caregivers offer children with love, acceptance, appreciation, encouragement, and guidance which play a crucial role in their growing up days.
Note: Certificates must be applied within 3 months of course completion.
Cache Endorsed Certificates are included with the course and are available after completion.
This course is CACHE endorsed.
These courses are provided in partnership with Laser Learning.
Why this course?
The course is specially designed to fit the needs of those willing to make sure that their children are safe and healthy. The course will help you to identify the developmental stages in the growing years of a child. It is necessary to remember that each child is unique and will go through the developmental stages and reach various stages at different rates. With this course you will get to know the significance of the patterns of development that takes place when a child is growing up, and will be able to raise concerns if a child's development falls outside of these norms. The course is aimed at Academic Level modules, such as 'Observing Children' and 'Managing Behavior'. As a child practitioner, it is your job to ensure the best level of developmental support for a child when they are away from home in their childcare or early year's education setting. The course makes you capable to know that their development can be influenced by varied factors, such as stimulation, exercise and enriching opportunities can help every child to thrive.
Who should attend ?
The course provides hands on knowledge on child development and what fosters a better growth. On successful completion of the course individuals will be able to identify the various stages and be concerned if any of them falls outside the norms. It is apt and can be opted by :
- Prospective parents willing to gain knowledge in the said field
- Those willing to open a daycare centre for children
- AEarly years practitioners who work in varied situations and atmosphere
- Nannies and babysitters willing to upgrade their knowledge on child development
- Elder siblings with the responsibility to look after younger sibling/s
What do you learn?
Study of this course is appropriate for early year's practitioners who work in a range of settings. Understanding child development is a crucial point in every childcare provider's learning journey.
- Understand that a child's development begins from the moment of conception, and both natural and environmental influences (including the adults who care for them) can affect their developmental achievements.
- Make yourself aware of the child's needs, by acknowledging the five outcomes outlined in Every Child Matters.
- Appreciate that every child is unique and needs to be treated as an individual.
- Enhance your knowledge of brain development in young children, with the help of extra reading and clickable article links. Consider what activities can be prepared to help guide a child along their learning journey.
- Understand some of the various child development theories, including the science of early childhood development, and the effects of society on a child's development.
How do you learn?
- Work through the study pack at your own pace, using the easy-to-navigate online courseware.
- Course material and extra learning resources are all available 24/7, 365 days a year. There's no need for work placements, or timetables - it's all online and ready to go when you are.
- Study alongside work, further study or other commitments with ease.
- Quiz and activity sheets containing tasks that you can read and complete are available. These assist your learning process and don't count towards the final assessment score. They are simply there to benefit you, and help you to thoroughly understand the course content.
- Plenty of extended reading available, included recommended reading and clickable links to websites, which can help you to broaden your knowledge base and give you a solid foundation in the core concepts of the unit.
- 10 question multiple choice assessments to be completed at the end of the module.
- Feel confident that you're providing the best service to the children in your care, when it comes to child development.
- You must have a system with a processor of 1 gigahertz (GHz), 1 GB RAM, Operating Systems supporting Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS, iOS and Browsers with Internet Explorer 8 or above, Google Chrome, Safari 8, Mozilla Firefox
After this course
After successfully completing the course, would-be-parents will be able to identify and differentiate between the various stages of development during a child's growing years and can be concerned if any stage falls out of norm. You will become aware of the child's requirements, their behavioral patterns and their eating habits. The course will instill a sense of confidence among those with an entrepreneurial mind to open up their daycare centre for children. Aspiring caregivers will be upgraded with skills and knowledge that will lead to better job prospects and a higher pay-scale.
You can avail the course at a reasonable fee of 20,000 INR/250USD/190GBP/7750 THB.
You can opt for a number of easy ways to pay your fees using Debit / Credit Card or by depositing Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft to our bank account. After the payment is credited the candidates will be receiving payment confirmation with online admission form. They need to fill up the same and submit in order to get online access to the course.
The course can be completed within a span of 12 months.