About the course
Asperger's Syndrome (AS), also known as Asperger's is a neurobiological disorder which belongs to the Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). According to Dr Asperger, after whom the disability has been named, has defined it as "a lack of empathy, little ability to form friendships, one-sided conversation, intense absorption in a special interest, and clumsy movements." People suffering from Asperger's have difficulty in social communication along with repetitive behaviour or restricted interests. As it interferes with the motor development, common symptoms may include clumsiness or lack of motor co-ordination, sensory problems, etc. Children suffering from this disability have average or even higher intelligence level, unlike other mentally disabled individuals.
This professional course will allow the candidates to get a comprehensive idea on the disability, know about its history, how it is different from other ASDs, the individuals who are most likely to be affected by it, the symptoms and as well as the steps to be taken to provide effective support for the affected individuals.
Why this course?
Children with Asperger's Syndrome are not unsocial, in fact they try to interact with others, and however they are unable to do so due to their slow motor skills and functions. Affected individuals may be socially awkward, may not understand or follow social norms and standards, and may even lack the feeling of empathy, etc. They may find it hard to read and interpret the social signals making it harder for them to interact.Depression, ADHD, anxiety and even OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) are the conditions that may result due to Asperger's Disorder. Asperger's Syndrome can be diagnosed in children within 1 to 2 years of age.
If you are interested to start a career in teaching, it is quite natural that your class might comprise of students suffering from Asperger's Syndrome. Enrolling yourself in a specific Special Education training course like that of Asperger's Syndrome will certainly make you aware of the characteristics as well as the challenges that the learners face in their daily life and help you in dealing with them and lending support in the most effective way therefore providing youwith an edge over your non-trained counterparts.
Who should attend?
- Whether the classrooms are inclusive or are non-inclusive ones, a classroom may have learners with Asperger's Syndrome. Teachers trained in dealing with such types of learners will find it easier to conduct classes and progress according to their planning
- A training in Asperger's Syndrome awareness will enable the teachers to understand the capabilities and potentials of the learners suffering from the disability and then use ways and methods to realise them
- Any aspirant aspiring to become a trained teacher in a good education institute or are looking for better positions like that of a teacher-in-charge
- For budding entrepreneurs who are looking to open a creche or a day-care centre for children, knowledge on the ways of dealing with Asperger's Syndrome children will be of great help
What do you learn?
- Understand the concept of Asperger's Syndrome and about its history
- Learn about the diagnosis process of the disability and also the genetic and environmental factors that lead to the disability
- Learn how doctors and counsellors diagnose the disability on the affected individuals
- Understand the causes behind the behaviour and mannerisms of individuals affected with the disability
- Know about the problems faced by the affected individuals in their daily lives, including their social and school life, and how you can support them as teachers in the class
- Learn about adult Asperger's, both in men and women, and how it mat effect parenting and relationships
- Know how to identify people affected with Asperger's in the workplace, draw support strategies for them and how to utilise them to the utmost benefit of the organisation
- Learn about the famous personalities who suffered from Asperger's which include case studies on Sir Isaac Newton, computer genius Alan Turing, et al
- Learn about the various different ways to support individuals with Asperger's, ways to help improve their social and organisational skills.
How do you learn ?
- The course is provided in the online mode of learning keeping in mind the varied aspirants who would pursue the course from different parts of the world
- The course is accessible from any corner of the globe at any time of the day, be it from the comfort of your home or from other places of your convenience. You can download or take print outs of the study materials and read them when you are on the go
- Being an online program, the course can be pursued alongside other commitments in your life
- There are online tutors who will be present to provide support to the candidates and guide them throughout the entire course period
- The study materials not only comprise of written resources, but also with exhaustive video presentations to aid the candidates in understanding the course
- At the end of each module there will be assessments which the candidates need to complete in order to go on to the next level and in the process complete the course and receive a globally recognised certificate
- As you are acquainted with the concept of Asperger's Syndrome you develop a feeling of empathy towards the affected learner and their family, making it easier for you to interact with them and help them enrich their life
- The course acts as a huge career boost and help you in getting various work and volunteer opportunity in various organisations around the globe
- The system requirement to pursue the course is: processor 1 gigahertz (GHz) and 1 GB RAM.
- It also requires an operating system with any of the followings: Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS or iOS with a browser such as Internet Explorer 8 or above, Google Chrome, Safari 8 or Mozilla Firefox.
After this course
After successfully completing this professional course on Asperger's Syndrome, many new opportunities are sure to find their way in your professional teaching career. At the end of the course, the candidates gain expertise giving them the opportunity to apply for teaching positions in various organisations, or as teacher-in-charges, and training positions in schools. The degree will also benefit those who have opened day care facilities or creche or are thinking of opening one in the near future. Since this course is internationally recognised, it will open many new avenues in various places around the globe and hence may also help you in realising your dream of teaching abroad.
You can avail the course at a reasonable fee of 20,000 INR/250 USD/190 GBP/7750 THB.
You can opt for a number of easy ways to pay your fees using Debit / Credit Card or by depositing Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft to our bank account. After the payment is credited the candidates will be receiving payment confirmation with online admission form. They need to fill up the same and submit in order to get online access to the course.
The course can be completed within a span of 12 months.