About the course
ADHD is the acronym for "Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder". It is one of the most commonbiological disorders in children that affect their behaviour and speech and pose a hindrance, both at home as well as in their social life. The common symptoms may range from attention deficiency and distraction, to being careless, restless/hyperactive and unmindful. They are often termed as "the troublemakers" in the classroom if their disorder is notdiagnosed at an early age.
This course aims to make the teachers aware of the disorder and the issues that they are likely to face from these learners and also the ways to deal with them in the most appropriate way possible. Learners suffering from ADHD may not listen to the teacher's instructions leading to a stressful environment in the classroom; it is the teacher's responsibility to know the right ways to handle such a situation and also ensure that the child is engaged in some action or the other.
Why this course?
ADHD is a behavioural condition that usually occurs in early childhood and can generally be diagnosed in the pre-school stage of a child. These children though may have the requisite intellect however lack the focus and the concentration needed in the classroom, thereby disrupting the whole class. They need to be provided with a positive approach and better plan to address the behavioural issues.
It has also been found that if children with ADHD are given tasks and activities that really interest them, then they will enjoy doing the work, on the other hand, the things which they find dull and boring they will have hard time focusing on them. Hence the candidates also learn the various ways to make the lessons and activities interesting for all the learners present in the classroom.
This course will help you acquaint yourself with the types of behaviour associated with ADHD and how to identify them in various learners - children, adolescents and adults and the appropriate strategies and approaches to adopt in order to maintain a warm relationship with the learners and have a proper learning environment in the classroom.
Who should attend?
- Whether the classrooms are inclusive or are non-inclusive ones, a classroom may have ADHD students. Teachers trained in dealing with such types of learners will find it easier to conduct classes and progress according to their planning
- A training in ADHD awareness will enable the teachers to understand the capabilities and potentials of the learners suffering from ADHD and then use ways and methods to realise them
- Any aspirant aspiring to become a trained teacher in a good education institute or are looking for better positions like that of a teacher-in-charge
- For budding entrepreneurs who are looking to open a creche or a day-care centre for children, knowledge on the ways of dealing with ADHD children will be of great help
What do you learn?
- Get a thorough idea on ADHD, how it was discovered and how it got its name
- Ways to identify its symptoms and the measures to be taken to control the issues arising from it
- Understand the trigger points of each ADHD child and how their external surrounding and behaviour of others aggravate his/her condition
- Understand the role of the family including the parents to help the child cope with their disabilities
- Learn about the support that parents may need to help deal with a child with ADHD
- Learn the correct ways and approaches to deal with ADHD learners and understand if they are working in their favour or not
- Learn the various behavioural issues that an ADHD individual, as a child, adolescent and adult, is likely to exhibit
- Know the correct approaches to deal with outbursts and how to prevent the situation from getting worse
- Learn how ADHD can affect a child's transition into adolescence and gradually into adulthood, its progression as the individual reaches adulthood
- Understand the various support and treatment available at various stages and their effectiveness as well as possible side effects
- Understand why an early diagnosis is so important and the positive outcomes it may yield for the affected individual and the people in his/her life
- Learn about the various myths and misconceptions related to ADHD and the negative effects this has
- Learn about the positive case studies and use them as a source of hope and motivation for the affected individuals and their family
How do you learn ?
- The course is provided in the online mode of learning keeping in mind the varied aspirants who would pursue the course from different parts of the world
- The course is accessible from any corner of the globe at any time of the day, be it from the comfort of your home or from other places of your convenience. You can download or take print outs of the study materials and read them when you are on the go
- Being an online program, the course can be pursued alongside other commitments in your life
- There are online tutors who will be present to provide support to the candidates and guide them throughout the entire course period
- The study materials not only comprise of written resources, but also with exhaustive video presentations to aid the candidates in understanding the course
- At the end of each module there will be assessments which the candidates need to complete in order to go on to the next level and in the process complete the course
- As you are acquainted with the concept of ADHD you develop a feeling of empathy towards the affected learner and their family, making it easier for you to interact with them and help them enrich their life
- The course acts as a huge career boost and help you in getting various opportunity in various organisations around the globe
- The system requirement to pursue the course is: processor 1 gigahertz (GHz) and 1 GB RAM.
- It also requires an operating system with any of the followings: Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS or iOS with a browser such as Internet Explorer 8 or above, Google Chrome, Safari 8 or Mozilla Firefox.
After this course
After successfully completing this professional course on ADHD Awareness, many new opportunities are sure to find their way in your professional teaching career. At the end of the course, the candidates gain expertise giving them the opportunity to apply for teaching positions as a Shadow or SEN teacher in various organisations, or as teacher-in-charges, and training positions in schools. The degree will certainly benefit those who have opened day care facilities or creche or are thinking of opening one in the near future. Since this course is internationally recognised, it will open many new avenues in various places around the globe and hence may help you in realising your dream of teaching abroad.
You can avail the course at a reasonable fee of 20,000 INR/250 USD/190 GBP/7750 THB.
You can opt for a number of easy ways to pay your fees using Debit / Credit Card or by depositing Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft to our bank account. After the payment is credited the candidates will be receiving payment confirmation with online admission form. They need to fill up the same and submit in order to get online access to the course.
The course can be completed within a span of 12 months.