About the course
The Online Master of Arts in Education with Early Childhood and Special Education developed exclusively by the experts at Asian College of Teachers imparts training in varied teaching strategies and approaches that are best for the early childhood settings with special focus on children with special educational needs. After the completion of this master’s course you can effectively teach children of all abilities and levels in both general and inclusive classrooms from grades 1–5. This course aims to stress on both pedagogical theory and practice so that you are able to work collaboratively to deliver superior education to children in both general and inclusive settings.
This particular Master’s program offered by ACT affiliated to the prestigious European International University (EIU-Paris), will help develop a deep understanding of the early years curriculum and to understand the philosophies behind early childhood learning, beliefs and attitudes. Other topics included in the course are inclusive classroom strategies, behavioural management, assessment & evaluation along with a research paper.
Why this course?
- The Master’s in Education with Early Childhood and Special Education is curated, developed and executed online by Asian College of Teachers Ltd, UK, and is affiliated to the European International University (EIU-Paris)
- The international program provides comprehensive knowledge on the 21st century early childhood teaching approaches with emphasis on learning disabilities in the classroom with focus on Learning Disabilities, ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder) and Autism.
- The program acquaints educators with the various disabilities in kids and the type of additional support they require to kindle effective learning.
- Learning credit system available for our students
Who should attend?
The course is specifically beneficial for:
- Class teachers in inclusive classrooms
- Inclusive teachers
- Aspiring teachers
- Shadow teachers
- Advisors/counsellors in educational institutes
- Entrepreneurs with a creche or a day-care centre
What do you learn?
Curriculum and Credits
Foundation (10 credits)
- 1. Psychology and Characteristics of Learners
- 2. Conducting Accurate Internet Research
Core (30 credits)
- 1. Developing, Planning & Designing learning Environment
- 2. Digital literacy – 21st Century Classroom
- 3. Assessment & Evaluation in Education
- 4. Instructional Strategies
- 5. Behavioral Management – Social and Emotional Competence of Learners
- 6. Introduction to Education Research
Specializations (20 credits)
- 1. Early Childhood Studies – Fundamentals
- 2. Teaching and Learning in Early Years
- 3. Inclusive Classroom Strategies I
- 4. Inclusive Classroom Strategies II
Capstone Project (30 credits) - Choose 1
- 1. Prepare a paper on any one topic of by attending a one live online webinar from EBC – 5000 words
- 2. Attend any seminar in Education in your region and create a reflective paper on the same – 5000 words
- 3. Research Paper – Creating a Supportive Inclusive Learning Environment for pre-primary learners – 5000 words
After this course
In addition to teaching, there are several other sought-after careers that can help you fulfill your dreams. Many of those who pursue MA in Education with Early Childhood and Special Education opt for teaching in a classroom setting, but this particular Master degree can open up a variety of careers that help people or children with special needs.
While most career professionals seeking an online master’s degree specializing in special education go on to work as special education teachers, there are many job opportunities at organizations that provide training, services or advocacy for individuals with disabilities. Whether you stay in the classroom or pursue other options, it is always a step forward to broaden your career prospects.
With a certification in the MA in Education with Early Childhood and Special Education, you’ll get the opportunity to work as:
- Head Teacher in an inclusive classroom
- Shadow teacher
- Teacher-in-charge in inclusive settings
- Advisor/ counsellor
- Curriculum Developer
The qualification/s and certificate/s will be a plus point for those who have opened or are willing to open day care facilities or crèche. With its global affiliation from the prestigious EIU-Paris, it is sure to benefit those looking for employment opportunities across the globe and aid in realizing their dream of a career abroad.
Course Duration:up to 1.5 years
Course Mode: Online
Fee:2750 USD – If Paying from USA or paying in USD
1950 GBP – If Paying from UK or EU
86,000 Thai Baht – If Paying in Asia
200,000 INR– If Paying in India
All fees include tax. Fees include all: Program of study, LMS access, study guide, evaluation and assessment, diploma and transcript. Courier charges apply for dispatch to your country. Certificate Notary and Apostille charges are separate from Europe. Please check with your admission adviser for more details.
Payments can be made via Online Bank Transfer, Credit Card, PayPal or Cash at our Global Centers.
- The degree will be conferred by The European International University (EIU– Paris).
- Students will also receive a Certificate of Completion from Asian College of Teachers (ACT).