About the course
Self-evaluation is an integral part of the learning process. Self-evaluation can take many forms and may occur at various stages in the professional learning journey. It will also involve a range of sources to help inform you.
Self-evaluation should be a useful process that is rigorous and enables you to be critically reflective about yourself as a professional and your practice.
Self-evaluation should support you to:
- Reflect on what you have done
- Think about what you might do next
- Consider your own progress and development
- Deeply understand your professional practice, your professional learning and the impact of this on your thinking, professional actions, those you work with/support and the pupils and their learning
Teachers' Self-evaluation course will enable you to plan for a meaningful professional learning; engage in critically reflective dialogue as part of the process. It can help us make improvements to better our approach toward our professional role. Reflecting on our practice is essential if we want to ensure effectiveness, and this is especially important for those within the childcare profession.
Note: Certificates must be applied within 3 months of course completion. Cache Endorsed Certificates are included with the course and are available after completion.
This course is CACHE endorsed.
Why this course?
Being able to reflect on the practice you provide is crucial, as experienced early years practitioners will undoubtedly agree. By evaluating ourselves, and listening to the feedback of others, you can learn and develop your skills, understand empathy and practice. Listening to opinions and feedback from other staff members as well as parents and children who use the service will help you to implement new strategies and approaches, which can have a positive impact on your learning environment.
This course will help you to recognize your shortfalls and improve upon them effectively. After completion of this course, you will understand more about self-evaluation and the concept of reflective practice and will be able to use this knowledge to your advantage in your current and future job roles.
Self-evaluation will help to ask deep and meaningful questions about self and practice; using other influencing factors such as school or department improvement plan; using your on-going reflections and enquiry into practice; considering the needs of learners/colleagues in your context.
Who should attend?
This course is generally intended for candidates working within a nursery environment. However, it may benefit anyone within the early years setting, who would like to enhance their knowledge of self-evaluation.
- All aspiring Montessori teachers
- People who are looking forward to a teaching career
- Students who wish to be nursery teachers in future
- Teachers who want to enhance their teaching skills
- Childcare practitioners working in a range of settings
- Nursery workers
- School key workers who have an active role in making and brainstorming process
What do you learn?
- You can identify ways in which reflective practice can help, and develop the skills and attributes required for effective reflective practice.
- You can learn how to set achievable targets, and how to effectively implement changes that can prove to have a positive impact on the service provided.
- You can understand the need for continual self-evaluation. It is not a one-time thing! Practitioners and services are constantly evolving, which is why reflective practice needs to be an ongoing feature of your setting.
- You can understand the importance of writing down and recording feedback and thoughts, not just for professional development files but also for the benefit of reports. Ensure files are accurate and up-to-date to avoid scrutiny.
How do you learn ?
- Pick up and put down the course material, as and when it suits you. The course is delivered online, meaning absolute convenience, as well as access to the material at any time.
- Technical support is on hand, in case you need help with the courseware at any stage.
- Use a variety of resources, including videos, quizzes and PowerPoint presentations, to enhance your learning experience and maintain your interest.
- Activity sheets, containing beneficial tasks that will help you to underpin the knowledge that you have gained on the course, are also available to be downloaded and completed.
- Plenty of extra reading available to help you develop your expertise further; topic areas including self-development, reflective practice, KEEP, self-evaluation forms and inspector expectations can be read at the click of a button.
- Complete the unit by flying through the 10-question multiple choice test.
- Enhance your professional development by learning that feedback and self-evaluation is a positive thing.
- The system requirement to pursue the course is: processor 1 gigahertz (GHz) and 1 GB RAM.
- It also requires an operating system with any of the followings: Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS or iOS with a browser such as Internet Explorer 8 or above, Google Chrome, Safari 8 or Mozilla Firefox.
After this course
This course will help you to achieve milestones in your career. You can work as an independent teacher imparting valuable education to Montessori children. You can indulge yourself not only in teaching but also curriculum development, consultancy and a lot more. You can also open a school of your own and get into entrepreneurship after doing this course. This course will open various paths in your career that will lead you to success.
You can avail the course at a reasonable fee of 9,500 INR/125 USD/100 GBP/4200 THB.
You can opt for a number of easy ways to pay your fees using Debit / Credit Card or by depositing Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft to our bank account. After the payment is credited the candidates will be receiving payment confirmation with online admission form. They need to fill up the same and submit in order to get online access to the course.
The course can be completed within a span of 12 months.