About the course
If you wish to embrace the opportunity to work with children with special needs, you can fulfil your wish by becoming a teaching assistant - a key part of a positive, well-led classroom that is a happy environment in which a child can flourish. You can face certain challenges in dealing with special needs children, their parents and key workers who care for them - but special needs has taken on a whole new meaning as they are now included in regular classrooms. By doing this course, you will be able to identify the special educational needs and disabilities and connect with the children in the classroom, helping them to effectively manage their needs and reach their full potential.
Why this course?
This course will pave the path for you to achieve certain milestones in being a 'teaching assistant', 'recognising and supporting children with special educational needs', 'Asperger's syndrome' and 'child development'. By the end of the course, you will have a clear and concise understanding of all these areas, and will have covered many of the basics required to be an effective SEN teaching assistant.
Who should attend?
- Aspiring SEN teaching assistants
- Individuals who already work in an early years or pre-school setting
- Individuals who would like to progress their career in the field of learning disabilities
- People who wish to gain a well-rounded understanding of what it takes to be a teaching assistant
What do you learn?
- You can dive into the CPD Certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course, and gain valuable knowledge on all aspects of the subject, including how to best support the needs of a pupil, curriculum information, legal responsibilities, literacy, ICT and numeracy development and how to support children with additional special educational needs.
- You can learn how to create an Individual Education Plan (IEP), based on an individual child's needs, and how this can be used to help plan a child's activities and support.
- You will appreciate the importance of observations, and gain valuable insight into the various SEN you may face as a teaching assistant, including Down's Syndrome, ADHD, ADD, Cerebral Palsy and Asperger's Syndrome.
- You will take a more detailed look at Asperger's Syndrome, including the 'triad of impairments' and the impact that Asperger's - and other 'invisible' disabilities - can have on the individual.
- You will be able to acknowledge the five outcomes of Every Child Matters, and learn about the various developmental stages that a child will encounter as he/she grows. Recognise some of the child development theories that exist, and appreciate that every child is unique and develops at his/her own rate.
How do you learn ?
- You need to study online whenever and wherever you like, thanks to the online courseware that is compatible with various devices, platforms and browsers that is available 24/7.
- The course is valid for a full 12 months, so there's no need to worry about trying to cram all the information in. Take your time and complete the course package to the best of your ability, first time!
- You will gain your confidence in the field of SEN and will be better prepared for a teaching assistant role in such a setting.
- There are downloadable certificates available upon completion, which can be added to your CV to prove your worth as a potential employee.
- You will get course completion certificate once you have completed all the training.
- Multiple choice assessments mark the end of each course, based on the content of each module.
- You will get a combination of learning materials available will help all students learn, engage and retain, including video presentations, tutorials, quizzes, exercises and extra reading.
- Cache endorsed Certification is available upon completion of all courses within the package, certification fee included.
After this course
You can work as a special education teacher in various spheres of life such as Montessori schools, play schools, primary institutions. You can also open your own school for children with special education needs.
You can avail the course at a reasonable fee of 13,000 INR /160 USD/120 GBP/5000 THB.
You can opt for a number of easy ways to pay your fees using Debit / Credit Card or by depositing Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft to our bank account. After the payment is credited the candidates will be receiving payment confirmation with online admission form. They need to fill up the same and submit in order to get online access to the course.