About the course
Parenthood is a tough job and any parent, no matter how old their children, will agree with the fact. When a new baby is born, the sheer volume of information that you need to know and get your ahead around can be a daunting prospect, especially when others are keen to give their individual advice on every parenting subject going.
Whether you are a new parent or not, the syllabus covered in this course that is aimed at Academic Level course can help to support the natural learning curve that you will follow as you embark upon your parenting journey. This course will teach you to take the easy-to-navigate multiple choice assessment to confirm your new-found knowledge.
With the help of three tutorials, supporting documents, activities and extra reading, you can help to prepare yourself for the incredibly rewarding adventure that is watching your children grow and thrive, knowing that you are one of the major reasons for their happiness.
Note: Certificates must be applied within 3 months of course completion.
Cache Endorsed Certificates are included with the course and are available after completion.
This course is CACHE endorsed.
Why this course?
Most parents, no matter their background or socioeconomic standing, are somewhat frightened when they welcome their first child into the world. Learning to feed and care for an infant is one challenge you will face. Preparing your child to enter and thrive in school is another. Parenting classes can help parents learn more about what to expect in the coming years and prepare for each developmental stage. Since confident, decisive parents tend to raise confident, secure children, parenting classes can give you a much-needed skill set and help decrease your feelings of anxiety. Mastering the basics is well worth the time you might spend in class.
Recent research has shown that parental involvement is one of the most important factors in a student's academic achievement. From giving advice on the questions you should be asking your child, to sharing strategies on how to engage meaningfully with your kids' studies, parenting classes can help you learn ways to get more involved in your child's learning experience.
Who should attend?
- Early years practitioners working in a variety of childcare settings - particularly nurseries and pre-schools
- Those considering opening a pre-school or a Montessori school
- It can also be a useful resource for grandparents who wish to support their children as they become parents
- Any young or inexperienced parent who wants to gain knowledge on parenting
- Anyone who wants to be a better parent
- Anyone wants to gain knowledge about parenting
- Anyone who plays a big role in the growth of a child
What do you learn?
- You can recognise some of the key things that a baby needs when being cared for, and the responsibilities that a parent has to ensure these needs are met, including good health and nutrition.
- You will be able to identify some of the various regulations that can change in accordance with the latest research, including safe sleeping and weaning.
- You can understand some of the main priorities that need to be addressed to ensure a safe environment for a child's upbringing.
- You will understand the importance of attachment, for both parent and baby.
- You will learn about the dangers that smoking, taking drugs and drinking alcohol can have on both the health of the parent and the child. Understand the effects of passive smoking, and the support that is available for those who want to stop.
- You can address some of the concerns that a new parent may have when bringing their baby home from the hospital for the first time.
- You will be able to identify the various types of support that are available to help a parent when they need it.
- Look at some of the common childhood illnesses, and briefly cover child development and child safety.
How do you learn ?
- Learn some of the essential information needed as a parent. Written resources can help to support the practical, hands-on knowledge that you'll learn along the way.
- Have access to the government's definitions of parental rights and responsibilities at the click of a button.
- Suggested extra reading also available if students wish to expand their knowledge further.
- Additional activities also included, in various media forms, including tutorials, videos, documents and activities, to aid your learning journey.
- Technical support is available, should students need help using the courseware at any stage.
- Boost your confidence and ease any inevitable anxieties; even the most-prepared parents can be in for a shock when children arrive, and it is a support like this that can help you through.
- You must have a system with a processor of 1 gigahertz (GHz), 1 GB RAM, Operating Systems supporting Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS, iOS and Browsers with Internet Explorer 8 or above, Google Chrome, Safari 8, Mozilla Firefox
After this course
Most courses will help parents enhance their relationship with their child and then look at how parents deal with troublesome behaviour. The benefit of doing the course with other parents is that it helps people realise that they are not alone -all parents have difficulties sometimes. The other parents on the course can provide friendship, support and encouragement, which can last long after the course has finished. They can also raise problems they have in their family. After doing the course, anyone can work as a parent counsellor and can counsel the parents so that they are able to deal with their children appropriately.
You can avail the course at a reasonable fee of 9,500 INR /160 USD/120 GBP/5000 THB.
You can opt for a number of easy ways to pay your fees using Debit / Credit Card or by depositing Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft to our bank account. After the payment is credited the candidates will be receiving payment confirmation with online admission form. They need to fill up the same and submit in order to get online access to the course.
The course can be completed within a span of 12 months.