About the course
Outdoor play for children comprises of getting the opportunity to practice their various motor skill developments and master their developing physical skills. Motor skills include activities like running, jumping, leaping, etc. Engaging in outdoor activities not only is good for the physical development but also is good for the cognitive emotional and social development of the child's body. It not only aims at the development of the body, but also of the brain and the intellect. Playing outdoor games help the children to develop their learning abilities and encourage creativity among them. As the children are exposed to many new kinds of objects away from the confinement of a classroom while engaging in outdoor activities, it promotesstimulation of their imagination and thinking capabilities to a great degree.
This training course on 'Outdoor Play' for the children is aimed to develop confidence and expertise of the teachers when allocating outdoor activity provisions and schedules for the children and as well as acquaint them with the risks associated with the activities done out of the confinement of the classrooms.
Note: Certificates must be applied within 3 months of course completion.
Cache Endorsed Certificates are included with the course and are available after completion.
This course is CACHE endorsed.
Why this course?
Children who are exposed to frequent outdoor activities are seen to be more active, both physically and mentally, and are more prompt in their daily work and actions. It has also been found that young children learn more from play, self-discovery, exploration and experimentation. Moreover engaging in outdoor activities also strengthens their core muscle and bones. Outdoor activities also allow the children to be exposed to the sun, thus letting their bones and skin absorb vitamin D directly from the sun, considered to be good for the body.
Almost 90% of the brain development takes place in the first five years and his neural pathways leading to his learning pattern later in his life is determined within the first three years. Learning by practicing provides greater impact in the minds of the learners which help in better retention capacity. Physical activities comprising of moderate to intensive movement activates the brain, thereby enhancing its performance capacity. The course focuses on creating all the requisite knowledge and the capability required by the teachers or the childcare facilitators to be able to utilise various outdoor activities for the all-round development of the learners.
Who should attend?
For aspirants who are planning to develop a comprehensive idea on the various types of outdoor activities applicable for young learners, and ensure their all-round development from an early stage
- Professionals working in the field of providing childcare facilities learning about the various outdoor activities will help them in their profession
- Professionals like teachers, nannies, or child-minders, Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) providers looking to go up the ropes in their profession, must enrol for this course
- People belonging from other professions, who are interested to play an important role in shaping up the life of young learners, are also eligible to enrol for this course
- Even for parents or care givers who have children at home including those exhibiting various behavioural or emotional disability signs, they may hugely benefit from the course as they gain the requisite knowledge on the impact of outdoor play in their life
What do you learn?
- Learn about the benefits of outdoor activities in the life of the children
- Get an understanding why children enjoying outdoor activities are more likely to become social extroverts in their adulthood, enjoying an active outdoor lifestyle
- Learn about the factors to keep in mind while planning/selecting an outdoor space
- Gather information on the outdoor environment, the opportunities it offers and suggestions for activities in the text Support Healthy Lifestyles for Children
- Access the NHS Choices guidelines on the rate of physical activity to be done under 5 years of age, to remain healthy
- Explore the report Effective Practice: Outdoor Learning by The Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Explore the Association of Forest schools website to find out what forest schools are and the benefits associated with them
- Get acquainted to relevant parts of the Department for Education's Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Learn about Play England's research on the importance of balancing risk and opportunity while planning outdoor activities
- Get ideas and resources for outdoor play including permission forms for parents and care-givers from the Learning through Landscapes website
- Learn about the health and safety policies and procedures for outdoor play at any setting, including paediatric first aid requirements
- Enhance your knowledge by watching presentations on Outdoor Play and Children Managing Risk.
- Learn about the good practice from Ofsted produced video about an open air nursery in Chelsea
- Explore the Extended Learning section to discover videos and reading material on many aspects of outdoor play.
How do you learn?
- As the course is provided in the online mode of learning, the aspirants are able to pursue the course from the comfort of your home or from other places of your convenience, without having to travel to a learning facility
- Being an online program, the course can be pursued without interfering with other commitments in your life, with the study materials always available with you
- Access to factsheets and online information with regards to the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) guidelines and development stages of children from birth and 5 years
- In order to provide support to the candidates and guide them throughout the entire course period, we provide online tutors throughout the course
- Our tailor made study materials not only comprise of written resources, but also with exhaustive video presentations to aid the candidates in understanding the course
- At the end of the course material there will be a question multiple choice assessment which the candidates need to complete; after the course completion receive a Globally Recognised Certificate
- The course acts as a huge career boost and help boost your confidence thereby helping you in getting various opportunities and volunteer work in various global organisations
- You must have a system with a processor of 1 gigahertz (GHz), 1 GB RAM, Operating Systems supporting Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS, iOS and Browsers with Internet Explorer 8 or above, Google Chrome, Safari 8, Mozilla Firefox
After this course
After successfully completing this professional course on Outdoor Play, you will surely be provided with many new career prospects as well as develop a different outlook towards life. After the completion of the course, the candidates gain expertise on the various types of outdoor activities beneficial for their all-round development, giving them the opportunity to apply for teaching positionsor as teacher-in-chargesin educational institutes or in various childcare roles in organisations located in various corners of the globe. The degree will also help those who have opened day care facilities or creche or are thinking of opening one in the near future.
You can avail the course at a reasonable fee of 8,000 INR/105 USD/80 GBP/3450 THB.
You can opt for a number of easy ways to pay your fees using Debit / Credit Card or by depositing Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft to our bank account. After the payment is credited the candidates will be receiving payment confirmation with online admission form. They need to fill up the same and submit in order to get online access to the course.
The course can be completed within a span of 12 months.