About the course
Observing a child in his/her natural surroundings can be a rewarding experience for any parent, teacher or a childcare practitioner. Observation of child activities may be described as the practice of watching a child engage in any kind of activity without interfering in there. Since every child is unique with a distinctive set of skills, abilities and personal capacities, therefore his development rate and patterns will differ from the others around him. Hence observing, recording and assessing them are quintessential to understand the child's development stages and know the areas where the child may need improvement.
Systematic observation, usually done on a daily basis, followed by their assessment enable the candidates to learn about their personalities, as well as understand the strategies that they employ and are comfortable in while achieving their goals and getting the desired outcomes. The course is filled with illustrative materials, resources, tutorials, extra-curricular reading, and presentations which will prove to be beneficial in proper understanding of the course materials.
Note: Certificates must be applied within 3 months of course completion.
Cache Endorsed Certificates are included with the course and are available after completion.
This course is CACHE endorsed.
Why this course?
As young children are always changing and also learning new things, it is the teacher's observation skills and eye for details which will keep them updated on the child's growth, and improvement in terms of their overall progress and personality development. Observing and recording them for a detailed analysis of the child's behaviour pattern and also their learning styles and preferences such as an understanding of the study materials and toys which are suitable and at the same time, engaging for them, what his interests are and how eager the child is to learn skills and obtain new knowledge. This will, on the other hand, also allow them to create opportunities to develop positive relationship and freely communicate with them.
This course aimed at Academic level is apt for those looking for a career in childcare and education, like that of a school teacher, childcare practitioner, nursery nurse, governess or even babysitters and prepare them to work with children under any setting or environment.
Who should attend?
For aspirants who are planning to develop a comprehensive idea on observing child behaviour and correctly assessing them, and develop their career in this line of profession
- Professionals working in the field of providing childcare facilities where they face various behavioural issues with the child, enrolling for this course will acquaint them with the requisite skills and knowledge required for them to possess
- Professionals like teachers, nannies, or child-minders, Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) providers looking to go up the ropes in their profession, must enrol in this course
- People belonging to other professions, who are interested to know the correct approaches to observing and assessing child behaviour and enter into this profession, are also eligible to enrol in this course
- Even for parents or care givers who have children at home including those exhibiting various behavioural or emotional disability signs, they may hugely benefit from the course as they gain immense knowledge child behavioural observation
What do you learn?
- Learn about the two main types of assessing observation - Formative (continuous observations) and Summative (assessment summaries that are occasional). Also learn about the various other methods of assessments and what the benefits of each method are
- Learn about the various skills required to make observations, ensuring realistic expectations are in place, and practitioners are well trained and confident of themselves
- Acknowledge the need for parental consent and support prior to observations and its recordings
- Understand the EYFS 2008 Principles in Practice cards and their content. Also get idea on Section 1 of the EYFS statutory framework, regarding learning and development, and also the Development Matters in EYFS content
- Get an understanding on effective analysis of the observation and how its assessment may help understand the child's next move
- Acquire skills on effective planning for being able to resolve any kind of issue and implement activities and techniques to help in a child's development
- Identify rules to be followed to maintain confidentiality in specific cases
How do you learn ?
- As the course is provided in the online mode of learning, the aspirants are able to pursue the course from the comfort of your home or from other places of your convenience, without having to travel to a learning facility
- Being an online program, the course can be pursued without interfering with other commitments in your life, with the study materials always available with you Access to factsheets and online information with regards to the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) guidelines and development stages of children from birth and 5 years
- In order to provide support to the candidates and guide them throughout the entire course period, we provide online tutors throughout the course
- The study materials not only comprise of written resources, but also with exhaustive video presentations to aid the candidates in understanding the course
- Additional activities and reading also available to help students expand their knowledge and reflect on their learning
- Downloadable quizzes to test your knowledge and boost your confidence in the subject area
- At the end of the course material there will be a question multiple choice assessment which the candidates need to complete; after the course completion receive a Globally Recognised Certificate
- The course acts as a huge career boost and help boost your confidence thereby helping you in getting various opportunities and volunteer work in various global organisations
- Along with a rewarding career prospect, the course also helps provide a satisfaction to the candidates as they realise their contribution towards a child's behaviour as well as the long term effects that it will have on their future
- You must have a system with a processor of 1 gigahertz (GHz), 1 GB RAM, Operating Systems supporting Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS, iOS and Browsers with Internet Explorer 8 or above, Google Chrome, Safari 8, Mozilla Firefox
After this course
After successfully completing this professional course on Observing Children, you will surely be provided with many new career prospects as well as develop a different outlook towards life. After the completion of the course, the candidates gain expertise on the correct way of observation and assessing the activities of various types of learners, giving them the opportunity to apply for teaching positions in various organisations, or as teachers-in-charge in educational institutes or in various childcare roles in organisations located in different corners of the globe. The certificate will also help those who have opened day care facilities or creche or are thinking of opening one in the near future.
You can avail the course at a reasonable fee of 8,000 INR/110 USD/85 GBP/3650 THB.
You can opt for a number of easy ways to pay your fees using Debit / Credit Card or by depositing Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft to our bank account. After the payment is credited the candidates will be receiving payment confirmation with online admission form. They need to fill up the same and submit in order to get online access to the course.
The course can be completed within a span of 12 months.