About the course
It is a known fact that children grow fast in the first five years of their life. Hence their food intake must be adequately nutritiousand well balanced to meet their physical needs and requirements and ensure the body’s proper functioning. It is also the crucial stage when they develop their food eating habits and preferences. This is the perfect time to provide the children with the right food in the correct proportion and develop this habit as well as also acquaint them with the concept of nutrition and to recognise and identify foods that are positive and negative for our body.
For the above to happen, it is most necessary for teachers and parents to have a fair knowledge on nutrition and good food eating habits for children. When the teachers begin sharing this knowledge and practicing it in the classrooms, and also involve the parents to follow them at home, then ultimately the child is going to grow up with good eating habits that are beneficial for the body.
Note: Certificates must be applied within 3 months of course completion.
Cache Endorsed Certificates are included with the course and are available after completion.
This course is CACHE endorsed.
Why this course?
Food and nutrition choices in early childhood influence ones food and eating habits in the adolescent right till adulthood. This is the reason why awareness on eating habits is of absolute necessity in the toddler and preschool stages. Positive role modelstherefore become necessary so that the child may develop good habits regarding their choice of food. Children tend to copy the things that occur around them, therefore food eating habits are no different; they develop their food preferencesinfluenced by the people around them.
Poor food intake leads to overweight or malnourished children which on the other hand adversely affect the child’s quality of life and his/her daily routine. Proper intake of a well-balanced nutritious food ensures that the body gets the required amount of nutrition vital for the proper growth and development of the body. Hence teachers need to be completely aware of the food guidelines to be followed to prevent malnutrition in the children and foster healthy eating habits to have a healthy body and mind.
Who should attend?
- Any teaching aspirant planning to become a trained teacher in teaching young children or looking for better positions like that of a teacher-in-charge
- For budding entrepreneurs who are looking to open a crèche or a day-care centre for children, need to know the correct diet to be followed for each age group of children
- A trained teacher or childcare provider will know the list of foods to be encouraged among the children and those that need to be avoided
- Any person interested in getting an in-depth idea of using the best available food, irrespective of the supply and demand equation in the market
What do you learn?
- The candidates pursuing the course get a fair idea of what a balanced diet is and what food groups are more important
- They get a fair idea on the various elements that make up a balanced diet – proteins, carbohydrates, minerals, etc. as well as also the portion sizes
- They understand the necessity of following a nutritious diet from the very childhood stage and acquainting the children with the same knowledge
- They start recognising the common food allergies and intolerances and are able to confidently identify "danger foods"
- They understand the need to follow the things that they preach due to the role that they play and their influence in the lives of the children in the classroom
- They learn that certain children may suffer from certain "food phobias" and how to address these kinds of situations
- They become aware of the ways to deal with obesity in children and the ways to encourage children suffering from it
How do you learn ?
- The course is provided in the online mode of learning keeping in mind the varied aspirants who would pursue the course from different parts of the world
- The course is accessible from any corner of the globe at any time of the day, be it from the comfort of your home or from other places of your convenience. You can download or take print outs of the study materials and read them when you are on the go
- Being an online program, the course can be pursued alongside other commitments in your life
- There are online tutors who will be present to provide support to the candidates and guide them throughout the entire course period
- The study materials not only comprise of written resources, but also with exhaustive video presentations to aid the candidates in understanding the course
- At the end of each module there will be assessments which the candidates need to complete in order to go on to the next level and in the process complete the course
- As you are acquainted with concept of following a balanced diet, you too start making healthier eating choices, thus bringing about positive changes in your own life as well
- You must have a system with a processor of 1 gigahertz (GHz), 1 GB RAM, Operating Systems supporting Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS, iOS and Browsers with Internet Explorer 8 or above, Google Chrome, Safari 8, Mozilla Firefox
After this course
After successfully completing this professional course on Nutrition in the Early Years, many new opportunities are sure to find their way in your professional career. This course allows the candidates to be eligible for teaching positions in better organisations, or as teacher-in-charges, and training positions in schools or in any teacher-training institute, and will certainly benefit those who have opened day care facilities or crèche or are thinking of opening one in the near future. You can even choose to study further in the field of nutrition for further prospects. Since this course is internationally recognised, it will open many new avenues in various places around the globe and hence will help you in realising your dream of teaching abroad.
You can avail the course at a reasonable fee of 8,000 INR/110 USD/85 GBP/3,650 THB
You can opt for a number of easy ways to pay your fees using Debit / Credit Card or by depositing Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft to our bank account. After the payment is credited the candidates will be receiving payment confirmation with online admission form. They need to fill up the same and submit in order to get online access to the course.
The course can be completed within a span of 12 months.