About the course
The course 'Certificate in Special Education' includes learning disabilities in children with special focus on ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder) and Autism. Learning disabilities are neurological problems which interfere with the child's learning abilities whereby their processing of the information received is different than regular children.
On the other hand, ADHD is a disorder that affects children and may even continue into adulthood. Children affected with ADHD have difficulty in paying attention and gets easily distracted, are impulsive by nature, experience trouble in organising things or even completing their tasks in school on time.
Autism is a developmental disability that is often seen to be lifelong condition. Autism is a spectrum disorder where the disabilities may range from learning disabilities to mental health issues. Autistic children need proper care and support so that they too like regular people can lead a fulfilling life.
The course aims to acquaint the aspirants with the above disabilities and the correct approaches to effectively dealing with them in the classrooms accommodating SEN learners.
Why this course?
Communication is quite a challenge for SEN learners be it childrenaffected with ADHD, Autism or learning disabilities. Being inattentive, constant movement, socially awkward are some of the common symptoms exhibited by ADHD and autistic children. They also experience difficulty in comprehending others' feelings and emotions and seem to be occupied with their own selves. Autism or ADHD is not an illness or disease that can be cured, however, proper treatment and support for the child may reduce the symptoms and help in his development.
Children with learning disabilities are not different than other children in terms of intelligence or smartness. It is just that they perceive things differently. Since learning difficulties may vary from one child to another, so their remedial actions may also differ from each other.
Candidates pursuing this course get to learn about the various behavioural problems the children suffer from and help them keep their disabilities and difficulties under controlenabling them to work together in tandem with regular children. Parents at home and teachers at school must provide them with the necessary support and encourage them into realising their strengths and working on their weaknesses to succeed in life both as a child and as an adult as well.
Who should attend?
- Whether the classrooms are inclusive or are non-inclusive ones, a classroom may have learners with learning disabilities, Autism Spectrum disorder or ADHD. Teachers trained in dealing with such types of learners will find it easier to conduct classes and progress according to their planning
- A training in Certificate in Special Educationprogramwill enable the teachers to understand the capabilities and potentials of the learners suffering from the disabilities and then use ways and methods to realise them
- Any aspirant aspiring to become a trained teacher in a good education institute or are looking for better positions like that of a teacher-in-charge
- For budding entrepreneurs who are looking to open a creche or a day-care centre for children, knowledge on the ways of dealing with Special Education Needs children will be of great help
- Even for parents or care givers who have children at home exhibiting various behavioural signs, they may hugely benefit from the course as they gain immense knowledge on the various disabilities discussed
What do you learn?
- Understand the concept of the various disabilities discussedhere
- Learn about the diagnosis process of the disability and also the genetic and environmental factors that lead to the disability
- Learn the process of observation and how it can help with the planning of various activities in the Individual Education Plan (IEP), according to the each child's requirements
- Understand the causes behind the behaviour and mannerisms of individuals affected with the disability
- Know about the problems faced by the affected individuals in their daily lives, including their social and school life, and how you can support them as teachers in the class
- Learn about adult ADHD and Autism Spectrum, both in men and women, and how it may affect parenting and relationships
- Know how to identify people affected with ADHD and Autism in the workplace, draw support strategies for them and how to utilise them to the utmost benefit of the organisation
- Learn about the various different ways to support individuals with ADHD and ASD ways to help improve their social and organisational skills.
How do you learn ?
- The course is provided in the online mode of learning keeping in mind the varied aspirants who would pursue the course from different parts of the world
- The course is accessible from any corner of the globe at any time of the day, be it from the comfort of your home or from other places of your convenience. You can download or take print outs of the study materials and read them when you are on the go
- Being an online program, the course can be pursued alongside other commitments in your life
- There are online tutors who will be present to provide support to the candidates and guide them throughout the entire course period
- The study materials not only comprise of written resources, but also with exhaustive video presentations to aid the candidates in understanding the course
- At the end of the module there will be assessments which the candidates need to complete and end the course and receive a globally recognised certificate
- As you are acquainted with the concept of the disabilities like ADHD and ASD you develop a feeling of empathy towards the affected learner and their family, making it easier for you to interact with them and help them enrich their life
- The course acts as a huge career boost and help you in getting various work and volunteer opportunity in various organisations around the globe.
After this course
After successfully completing this professional course on Certificate in Special Education, many new opportunities are sure to find their way in your professional teaching career. At the end of the course, the candidates gain expertise giving them the opportunity to apply for teaching positions in various organisations, or as teachers-in-charge, and training positions in schools. The degree will also benefit those who have opened day care facilities or creche or are thinking of opening one in the near future. Since this course is internationally recognised, it will open many new avenues in various places around the globe and hence may also help you in realising your dream of teaching abroad.
You can avail the course at a reasonable fee of 15,000 INR/200 USD/160 GBP/6250 THB.
You can opt for a number of easy ways to pay your fees using Debit / Credit Card or by depositing Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft to our bank account. After the payment is credited the candidates will be receiving payment confirmation with online admission form. They need to fill up the same and submit in order to get online access to the course.
The course can be completed within a span of 5 months.