About the course
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) also known as autism is termed as a mental illness which is caused by neurological dysfunction affecting the brain causing growth and development disorder. It appears during the early childhood phase making it difficult for the affected child to communicate with others around them. Though it can be controlled with proper medical treatment however it cannot be cured and is a lifelong progression.Nevertheless, in modern times, autistic children are not any more kept in isolation, they are encouraged to be part of mainstream society and take part in the daily activities of life just like any other individual.
If you are planning to become a teacher for Special Needs children, especially those with autism or you have a loved one suffering from the disability then knowing their characteristics and the possible methods to deal with them will certainly be beneficial for you. This course precisely does that by making the candidates aware of autism.
Why this course?
Since autism is a wide spectrum disorder, hence autistic children have different symptoms, ranging from mild to severe ones, which become glaring when they are between 18 months to 36 months of age. The course aims to develop and familiarise the candidates pursuing the course with an in depthknow-howof the teaching methods and approaches required to understand their needs and fulfilling them. Teachers dealing with special needs children suffering from autism need to know the teaching methodologies that will foster learning among the autistic children and get them more involved/ engage them in learning. An exhaustive knowledge on the disability and its history will enable you as an aspiring special education teacher to deal in the most effective way possible.
Learners suffering from autism often pose different challenges to the teachers and since classrooms are a place where the child gets the opportunity to interact and communicate with others and at the same time be involved in the activities of the classroom, hence a teacher's presence of mind as well as her training skills and knowledge will be useful here. This aids in the learner's communication level, which help him in developing his mental and emotional health as well as academic performance.
Who should attend?
- Whether the classrooms are inclusive or are non-inclusive ones, a classroom may accommodate autistic learners. Teachers trained in dealing with such types of learners will find it easier to conduct classes and progress according to their lesson planning
- A training in Autism awareness will enable the teachers to understand the capabilities and potentials of the learners suffering from Autism and then use ways and methods to realise them
- Any aspirant aspiring to become employed as a trained teacher in a good education institute or are looking for better positions like that of a teacher-in-charge
- For budding entrepreneurs who are looking to open a creche or a day-care centre for children, knowledge on the ways of dealing with Autistic children will be of great help
What do you learn?
- Learn about the term 'autism' and get a thorough knowledge on that, along with the conditions of the affected individuals
- Know about 'Autism Spectrum Disorder' (ASD) and the three main disabilities it covers
- Get a detailed understanding of the difference between Autism and Asperger's Syndrome and the methods used to diagnose them in children and adults
- Learn about the causes of the disorder and the challenges and drawbacks in relation with the social, communication and learning skills for young learners suffering from autism
- Learn about the various stages of language delays and the methods to initiate expressive language
- Explore and understand the ways in which individuals suffering from ASD communicate
- Understand the pattern/trigger points behind autistic behaviour and the purpose and reasons behind them
- Learn about the approaches to minimise these kinds of outbursts and behaviour among them, especially using the S.P.E.L.L. approach
- Know the methods to prepare and involve the affected individuals for social interaction and ways to focus on each individually
- Learn about the various ways to create a safe and comfortable environment for the individual at home, school and other social gatherings and as well as create a safety plan
- Know about the common myths associated with the disorder as well as learn about the MMR vaccine in relation to autism
- Gain knowledge on the dietary deficiencies that could lead to autism
- While dealing with autistic individuals learn about the ethical consequences and their importance and how to avoid any kind of unethical implications on them
- Learn about the role you can play in raising and increasing awareness on autism in the school ( for instance having a Autism Awareness week or month) and society as well
How do you learn ?
The course is provided in the online mode of learning keeping in mind the varied aspirants planning to pursue the course from diverse parts of the world
- The course is accessible from any corner of the globe at any time of the day, be it from the comfort of your home or from other places of your convenience. You can download or take print outs of the study materials and read them even while travelling
- Being an online program, the course can be pursued alongside other commitments in your life
- There are online tutors who will be present to provide support to the candidates and guide them throughout the entire course period
- The study materials not only comprise of written resources, but also with exhaustive video presentations to aid the candidates in understanding the course
- At the end of each module there will be assessments which the candidates need to complete in order to go on to the next level and in the process complete the course
- As you are acquainted with the concept of Autism you develop a feeling of empathy towards the learner and their family, making it easier for you to interact with them and help them enrich their life
- The course acts as a huge career boost and help you in getting various opportunity in various organisations around the globe
- The system requirement to pursue the course is: processor 1 gigahertz (GHz) and 1 GB RAM.
- It also requires an operating system with any of the followings: Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS or iOS with a browser such as Internet Explorer 8 or above, Google Chrome, Safari 8 or Mozilla Firefox.
After this course
After successfully completing this professional course on Autism Awareness, many new opportunities are sure to find their way in your professional teaching career. At the end of the course, the candidates gain expertise giving them the opportunity to apply for Special Educator positions in various organisations, or as teacher-in-charges, and training positions in various schools. The degree will also benefit those who have opened day care facilities or creche or are thinking of opening one in the near future. Since this course is internationally recognised, it will open different avenues in various places around the globe and hence may help you in realising your dream of teaching abroad.
You can avail the course at a reasonable fee of 9,500 INR/125 USD/100 GBP/4200 THB.
You can opt for a number of easy ways to pay your fees using Debit / Credit Card or by depositing Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft to our bank account. After the payment is credited the candidates will be receiving payment confirmation with online admission form. They need to fill up the same and submit in order to get online access to the course.
The course can be completed within a span of 12 months.