About the course
The course named as Special Needs for Early Years is about aspirants who are eager to play an active role in the lives of Special Educational Needs (SEN) children, recognising and supporting them, getting a thorough knowledge on the key legislative rules concerning a child with SEN, learning about various learning disabilities and their impact on the affected child's life and daily activities, developing a feeling of empathy towards the child and his/her family and what are the guidance and support that an educator may be able to provide to them and help them transform their lives.
The course also stresses the importance of maintaining positive learning environment, as well as a fostering a progressive relationship with the learners, the importance of maintaining a good behaviour. Those looking for managerial positions in organisationscomprising of Special Needs educators may enrol themselves in this professional course, as they gain the necessary skills and expertise required to find success in this profession.
This package gains you two certificates; one certificate from Cache confirming your endorsed learning package, the second will cover all the modules (endorsed learning programmes) within the package. Additionally, you will also receive a Globally Recognised Certificate from Asian College of Teachers.
Note: Certificates must be applied within 3 months of course completion. Cache Endorsed Certificates are included with the course and are available after completion.
This course is CACHE endorsed.
Why this course?
A child suffering from various learning disabilities from early years need to be provided with proper care and a nurturing environment.
This course will provide a comprehensive idea on learning disabilities such as Asperger's, ADHD and ADD, their different types, ensuring that the candidates pursuing the course know how to empathically deal with various situations that he/she may face with the SEN learners. By pursuing this course, the candidates are able to develop a comfortable relationship with the learners and help them develop their potentials and meet their daily needs. Moreover, this course will provide you with the skills to explore a child's needs and gain an understanding of SEN. This course will pave you toward a rewarding career where you will find your learners progressing with your support. This course will give a strong boost to your career especially if you are into early years teaching. Moreover, you will have the confidence to work closely with parents and guardians and organise learning outside the classroom in activities such as community.
Who should attend?
- Whether the classrooms are inclusive or are non-inclusive ones, knowing the latest and the correct approaches to dealing with them will be beneficial for the aspirants.
- Teachers trained in dealing with specially abled learners will find it easier to conduct classes and progress according to their planning in classrooms comprising of SEN learners
- A training in Special Needs for Early Years will enable the teachers to understand the capabilities and potentials of the learners suffering from various disabilities and then use ways and methods to realise them
- A childcare practitioner who is looking to move into the field of providing assistant as SEN assistants, may also apply for the course
- For budding entrepreneurs who are looking to open a creche or a day-care centre for children, knowledge on the ways of dealing with SEN children will be of great help
- Even for parents or care givers who have children at home exhibiting various behavioural signs, they may hugely benefit from the course as they gain immense knowledge
What do you learn?
The course will acquaint the candidates with the approaches to use the information gathered from a Key Person or a Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator (SENCO), parents/care-givers and formulate an Individual Education Plan (IEP) reflecting the child's various learning needs, activities and the process of measuring them, with emphasis on the EYFS where necessary
- Learn about SENCO and the role it has to play in the lives of SEN children. Moreover, the course will also enable the aspirants to help them in their training into becoming a Key Person or a Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator (SENCO)
- Get an insight into child led learning education model and learn about its advantages over service-led model
- Get to know the various SEN that the educators may expect to experience in a child care setting such as ADHD, dyslexia, Asperger's Syndrome, Cerebral palsy, etc.
- Learn the process of observation and how it can help with the planning of various activities in the Individual Education Plan (IEP), according to the each child's requirements
- Know how to write a SEN policy, the legal rights of SEN and disabled children, and the SEN Code of Practice 2015
- Appreciate the value of a practitioner's support to families of SEN children, as well as the importance of inclusion of children with SEN and good inclusion practice in schools
- Acknowledge the importance of parents, and their role in helping children to behave well and display emotional stability
- Understand more about the 'triad of impairments' which covers the three main areas that can be difficult to deal with as an individual with Asperger Syndrome, including social and emotional issues, language and communication, and the imagination and flexibility of thought
- Learn more about how individuals with Asperger Syndrome interact with the world around them, and how individuals with Asperger Syndrome are affected.
- Appreciate the impact of Asperger Syndrome, and other invisible disabilities (and how slow they can be diagnosed), can have on the individual.
- Become clear on definitions of ADHD and ADD
- Explore the ADHD Information Service website to get reliable background information on ADHD.
- Learn about the different subtypes of ADHD from the ADHD Foundation website and explore the information section for parents and those working with young people.
- Expand your knowledge by looking at the NHS's resource on the symptoms, causes, diagnosis and treatment of ADHD along with information on living with the condition.
- Get another perspective on ADHD in the article Being Diagnosed with ADHD Made Me Feel I've Put All the Jigsaw Pieces Together, written by an ADHD patient who was not diagnosed until adulthood.
- Learn about good practice in supporting people with ADHD by watching the video ADHD: My Story, which charts the experiences of a young person named Annie.
- Expand your learning by reading an article on famous people with ADHD and exploring some more helpful online resources on the condition.
- Learn about the positive behaviour policy and why every childcare environment should have it, including the importance of encouraging positive behaviour rather than simply focussing on the negatives.
- Help a child to develop their understanding of meeting others' needs as well as their own.
- Explore the Positive Relationships theme of the EYFS statutory framework and understand the theme's main principles.
- Understand the various definitions of good behaviour and identify some of the strategies that can be implemented to encourage an improvement in behaviour, and explore the benefits of working with the appropriate outside agencies to help with these strategies.
- Learn the differences between leading and managing, and the qualities and skills required to perform both roles effectively. Gain insight into the qualities and characteristics of a good leader within an early years setting.
- Learn how to adapt from being a friend and colleague to becoming a line manager.
- Recognise some of the ways in which you can negotiate and communicate with your team, so that the outcome suits all.
- Understand the need for effective time management and excellent organisational skills.
- Gain insight into the need for stress management, ensuring that a leader or manager stays calm and balanced, even during difficult times. Learn how to evaluate the reasons for these challenging circumstances.
How do you learn ?
As the course is provided in the online mode of learning, the aspirants are able to pursue the course from different parts of the world which may even be from the comfort of your home or from other places of your convenience
- The course can be accessed for a total of 12 months, without any kind of interruption
- In order to provide support to the candidates and guide them throughout the entire course period, we provide online tutors throughout the course
- At the end of the course material there will be multiple choice assessment which the candidates need to complete and after the course completion receive a Globally Recognised Certificate
- The course provides immense knowledge and skills to the candidates pursuing the course and acts as a huge career boost and help you in getting various opportunities and volunteer work in various global organisations
- The system requirement to pursue the course is: processor 1 gigahertz (GHz) and 1 GB RAM.
- It also requires an operating system with any of the followings: Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS or iOS with a browser such as Internet Explorer 8 or above, Google Chrome, Safari 8 or Mozilla Firefox.
After this course
After successfully completing this professional course on Special Needs for Early Years, you will surely be provided with many new career prospects. After the completion of the course, the candidates gain expertise on SEN giving them the opportunity to apply for teaching positions in various organisations, or as teacher-in-charges, or as research scholars in educational institutes located in various corners of the globe. The course will also help those who have opened day care facilities or creche or are thinking of opening one in the near future.
You can avail the course at a reasonable fee of 23,000 INR/325 USD/250 GBP/10,800 THB..
You can opt for a number of easy ways to pay your fees using Debit / Credit Card or by depositing Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft to our bank account. After the payment is credited the candidates will be receiving payment confirmation with online admission form. They need to fill up the same and submit in order to get online access to the course.
The course can be completed within a span of 12 months.