About the course
Special Education Needs (SEN) learners are those who need some form of special care and treatment to cater to their physical, emotional and mental needs and well-being. Also, since every individual is different with different needs, the same applies to children with Special Needs.Special children have their diverse needs, and all of them need to be taken care of. Today they face less discrimination in society and hence can dream of leading a better life as independent individuals. And hence more and more schools are accommodating all-inclusive classrooms where learners of all disabilities are taught together.
This course aims to make the candidates aware of the ways to recognise and identify a SEN Child, the type of disability that he/she may be suffering from and the correct approaches to follow when it comes to providing guidance and support. This provides the learners with the confidence of confiding in with the teachers and to convey their thoughts and opinions without any kind of inhibition.
Note: Certificates must be applied within 3 months of course completion. Cache Endorsed Certificates are included with the course and are available after completion.
This course is CACHE endorsed.
Why this course?
SEN learners, today, are being given the right to be educated alongside regular learners in today's all-inclusive classrooms accommodating learners of all learning abilities. Gone are the times when SEN learners would be at a disadvantage and face difficulty while looking to get admission in schools to receive education like other regular children.
The course has been developed to promote this kind of all-inclusive learning atmosphere wherein the candidates pursuing the pursuing the course are acquainted with the characteristics of a SEN child so that they are able to identify them at an early stage; the earlier it will be to identify the signs and symptoms the more chances the child will have in discovering his potentialities and developing them to ensure that he/she turns out to be a self-confident adult. The course is meant to develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of the disabilities that the child may be facing and create empathy towards him/her and the family as well.In this way, the child will also feel confident and comfortable in the teacher's presence thereby fostering a strong relationship based on trust and friendship between the two.
Who should attend?
- Whether the classrooms are inclusive or are non-inclusive ones, knowing the latest and the correct approaches to dealing with them will be beneficial for the aspirants. Teachers trained in dealing with specially abled learners will find it easier to conduct classes and progress according to their planning in classrooms comprising of SEN learners
- A training in Recognizing and Supporting Children with Special Needs will enable the teachers to understand the capabilities and potentials of the learners suffering from various disabilities and then use ways and methods to realise them
- Any teaching aspirant planning to become a trained teacher in a good education institute or are looking for better positions like that of a teacher-in-charge
- For budding entrepreneurs who are looking to open a creche or a day-care centre for children, knowledge on the ways of dealing with SEN children will be of great help
- Even for parents or care givers who have children at home exhibiting various behavioural signs at home, they may hugely benefit from the course as they gain immense knowledge
What do you learn?
- The course will make the candidates learn the approaches to use the information gathered from a Key Person or a Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator (SENCO), parents/care-givers and formulate an Individual Education Plan (IEP) reflecting the child's various learning needs, activities and the process of measuring them
- Learn about SENCO and the role it has to play in the lives of SEN children. Moreover, the course will also enable the aspirants to help them in their training into becoming a Key Person or a Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator (SENCO)
- Get an insight into child led learning education model and learn about its advantages over service-led model
- ULearn the process of observation and how it can help with the planning of various activities in the Individual Education Plan (IEP), according to the each child's requirements
- Learn about the various SEN that you may encounter while interacting with children, such as ADHD, dyslexia, Asperger's Syndrome, Cerebral palsy, etc.
- Learn about latest key legislative rules and regulations regarding SEN children and use them to their utmost benefit
- Learn how to formulate SEN policies for the organisation that will be working for, along with highlighting their legal rights
- Understand the need for all inclusive classrooms, communicating with the families frequently, as well as engaging them in the child's learning as well as development process
How do you learn ?
As the course is provided in the online mode of learning, the aspirants are able to pursue the course from different parts of the world which may even be from the comfort of your home or from other places of your convenience
- The course being online has the added advantage of being cost-effective than classroom programs
- Being an online program, the course can be pursued without interfering with other commitments in your life, with the study materials always available with you
- In order to provide support to the candidates and guide them throughout the entire course period, we provide online tutors throughout the course
- The study materials not only comprise of written resources, but also with exhaustive video presentations to aid the candidates in understanding the course
- At the end of the course material there will be a 14-question multiple choice assessment which the candidates need to complete and after the course completion receive a Globally Recognised Certificate
- As you are acquainted with the SEN, you develop a feeling of empathy towards the affected child and their family, making it easier for you to interact with them and help them enrich their life
- The course acts as a huge career boost and help you in getting various opportunities and volunteer work in various global organisations
- The system requirement to pursue the course is: processor 1 gigahertz (GHz) and 1 GB RAM.
- It also requires an operating system with any of the followings: Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS or iOS with a browser such as Internet Explorer 8 or above, Google Chrome, Safari 8 or Mozilla Firefox.
After this course
After successfully completing this professional course on Recognizing and Supporting Children with Special Needs, you will surely be provided with many new career prospects as well as develop a different outlook towards life. After the completion of the course, the candidates gain expertise on SEN giving them the opportunity to apply for teaching positions in various organisations, or as teachers-in-charge, or as research scholars in educational institutes located in various corners of the globe. The degree will also help those who have opened day care facilities or creche or are thinking of opening one in the near future.
You can avail the course at a reasonable fee of 8,000 INR/110 USD/85 GBP/3,650 THB.
You can opt for a number of easy ways to pay your fees using Debit / Credit Card or by depositing Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft to our bank account. After the payment is credited the candidates will be receiving payment confirmation with online admission form. They need to fill up the same and submit in order to get online access to the course.
The course can be completed within a span of 12 months.