About the course
We have developed a range of vital programmes with the help of experts which will teach you the skills needed to succeed. This course also has additional modules on special educational needs to provide you with a training solution which will cover all the knowledge you need to care for children, whether they have a specific need or not.
Students will gain insight into nutrition in the early years to understand the importance of giving children a good, healthy start in life through nutritious foods. The next module will run students through supplying a service to parents of children of all ages with the focus on babysitting. This module will explain the responsibilities of a sitter and look into the importance of continuity of care and the setting of boundaries. Help to prepare yourself to watch your children grow and thrive with a module in parenting.
This course will also give learners a good understanding of basic food hygiene practices. It covers food poisoning, bacteria, contamination, temperature control, preparing and presenting food, spoilage and prevention, delivery and storage, personal hygiene, cleaning and disinfection, food pests, premises and equipment & food safety control.
On completion of the course, candidates will be awarded with two certificates, one certificate from Cache confirming endorsed learning package, the second will cover all the modules (endorsed learning programmes) within the package. Additionally, you will also receive a Globally Recognised Certificate from Asian College of Teachers.
Note: Certificates must be applied within 3 months of course completion.
Cache Endorsed Certificates are included with the course and are available after completion.
This course is CACHE endorsed.
Why this course?
Most parenting classes work to build upon skills, rather than teach completely new ones. The ideology that most parenting-education institutions try to encourage is that parenting courses arenot created to help bad parents, but to improve the good parenting skills of most parents.
Especially for new parents, parenting lessons give parents the confidence they need to competently raise children. Having assurance and support from a group of parents and children also provides new parents with a source of feedback and assistance in the event they ever need help or advice. Just as with any other class or group, although it may seem intimidating at first, the group of parents can learn to support and learn from each other, and help ensure the success of each individual family.
Many parenting classes teach the significance of positive discipline and its influence on the development of their child. Learning to manage anger and channel it into positive reinforcement is an integral aspect of raising happy and healthy children.
Who should attend?
- Early years practitioners working in a variety of childcare settings - particularly nurseries and pre-schools
- Those considering opening a pre-school or a Montessori school
- It can also be a useful resource for grandparents who wish to support their children as they become parents
- Any young or inexperienced parent who wants to gain knowledge on parenting
- Anyone who wants to be a better parent
- Anyone wants to gain knowledge about parenting
- Anyone who plays a big role in the growth of a child
What do you learn?
You willget to grips with what makes a well-balanced meal, and what food groups should be included.
- You will get to grips with what makes a well-balanced meal, and what food groups should be included.
- You will learn how to portion size correctly, and understand the importance of portion control and the various components of a healthy diet. You will also get an insight on what foods can included in these, including proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- You can get a fair idea about some of the frequent food allergies, dietary preferences and intolerances, and recognise some of the foods that can be 'danger foods'.
- You will understand that children learn from what they see you do, which is why being a good role model is essential if you want to inculcate positive eating habits.
- You will gain insight into some of the general food phobias that some children can experience, and learn how to handle such issues.
- You will learn how to deal with childhood obesity by encouraging children to help, prepare and cook healthy meals, as well as encouraging them to try out new things.
- You will gain insight into the responsibility of parents when considering hiring a babysitter to care for the child/ren during their absence.
- Know more about the responsibilities of a babysitter, and the way you should act when you are the person left in charge of a child's care.
- Understand the need for confidentiality and privacy, and remaining professional at all times both within, and away from the work environment.
- Get to grips with some of the problem and issues that may come up as part of the babysitter role.
- Learn some of the fundamental stages of a child's development, and recognise some of the care routines that you will be entrusted with when looking after children.
- Understand what exactly to expect from the children that you are being responsible for, and how to handle good, and bad, behaviour effectively. Learn the value of bedtime stories, and how they can be extremely beneficial to a child.
- Recognise some of the key things that a baby needs when being cared for, and the responsibilities that a parent has to ensure these needs are met, including good health and nutrition.
- Identify some of the various regulations that can change in accordance with the latest research, including safe sleeping and weaning.
- Learn about some of the main priorities that need to be addressed in order to ensure a safe environment for a child's upbringing.
- Understand the significance of attachment, for both parent and baby.
- Learn about the dangers that smoking, taking drugs and drinking alcohol can have on both the health of the parent and the child. Understand the effects of passive smoking, and the support that is available for those who want to stop.
- Get an insight on some of the concerns that a new parent may have when bringing their baby home from the hospital for the first time.
- Identify the various types of support that are available to help a parent when they need it.
- Look at some of the common childhood illnesses, and briefly cover the topics of child development and child safety.
How do you learn ?
- You will get 12 months unlimited access to the course content.
- You can sign in and study anytime, anywhere. All you need is an internet connection
- You will get 24 hour technical support from Monday to Friday
- You will get the course completion certificate once you have completed the training.
- You can get your CV to the top of the pile using the knowledge and skills you have gained.
- You must have a system with a processor of 1 gigahertz (GHz), 1 GB RAM, Operating Systems supporting Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS, iOS and Browsers with Internet Explorer 8 or above, Google Chrome, Safari 8, Mozilla Firefox
After this course
Most courses will help parents enhance their relationship with their child and then look at how parents deal with troublesome behaviour. The benefit of doing the course with other parents is that it helps people realise that they are not alone -all parents have difficulties sometimes. The other parents on the course can provide friendship, support and encouragement, which can last long after the course has finished. They can also raise problems they have in their family. After doing the course, anyone can work as a parent counsellor and counsel the parents so that they are able to deal with their children appropriately.
You can avail the course at a reasonable fee of 23,000 INR/320 USD/250 GBP/11000 THB.
You can opt for a number of easy ways to pay your fees using Debit / Credit Card or by depositing Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft to our bank account. After the payment is credited the candidates will be receiving payment confirmation with online admission form. They need to fill up the same and submit in order to get online access to the course.
The course can be completed within a span of 12 months.