About the course
An injury whether harmless or fatal, mostly occurs with kids due to accidents caused by laxity in safety precautions. Besides, children in groups in a room are prone to various hazards and accidents. Since young children pay a significant amount of time in schools, hence teachers must try to adapt measures that may act as hindrances to any kind of foreboding mishaps. This particular course on Childhood Health & Safety is aimed at understanding the need for maintaining proper health and safety norms and regulations for children in their early years or growing up years in the classroom and the approaches to be followed for the proper maintenance of those.
Classroom Management tricks and strategies must be up in the sleeves of the every teacher; however, they must also have a fair idea and knowledge on the safety measures to be followed in the classroom so that the children feel safe and secured in an environment that promotes learning.
Note: Certificates must be applied within 3 months of course completion.
Cache Endorsed Certificates are included with the course and are available after completion.
This course is CACHE endorsed.
Why this course?
The course will be beneficial for teachers who have started their career in early childhood education or are contemplating of doing so. This course is packed with exhaustive materials for the teachers to acquaint themselves with so that they become aware of the methodologies to be practiced to eliminate health and safety hazards and maintain classroom safety among the young students in the class. Health and safety measures also involve maintaining proper hygiene for the children so that they stay away from catching unwanted germs and diseases. The candidates will also get a thorough idea on classroom arrangement so that possibility of any form of potential accident or harm to the students may be reduced. The candidates also understand the need to have a proper first aid box in every floor of the school, so that in case of any mishap first aid treatment can be provided to the sufferer.
Who should attend?
- Any aspirant planning to become a teacher in teaching young children or want to upgrade their existing set of skills
- The course is prepared keeping in mind the health and safety precautions needed for the students based on which the teachers need to hone their skills and gather thorough knowledge and awareness
- For people who are looking to open a crèche for children, need to know the in-depth requirements to maintain proper health and safety standards and precautions in order to prevent chances of any mishaps and accidents in the childcare facility
- A trained teacher or childcare provider will know the ways to reduce risk of any kind of injury or illnesses
What do you learn?
- The proper approaches to be followed in order to establish a safe and secure environment for the young learners
- How to prepare a risk assessment including all types of hazards that the students are likely to encounter in their surrounding
- About the precautionary measures to be taken in order to avoid them
- The teachers understand the basic hygiene to be maintained by the students and the ways to promote them among the students; for instance washing hands regularly
- The teachers and the caregivers have to be prompt when it comes to identifying emergencies
- To encourage independence among the children
- To educate them to encourage maintenance of proper hygiene as well as know the safety hazards and how to manage them in the best possible way
How do you learn ?
- The course is provided in the online mode of learning keeping in mind the varied aspirants from different parts of the world, for whom attending a classroom program might get difficult
- The course can be pursued from any corner of the globe at any time of the day, be it from the comfort of your home or from other places of your convenience.
- You can download or take print outs of the study materials and read them if you are on the go
- There are online tutors who will be present to provide support to the candidates throughout the course period and guide them and solve their queries
- The study materials not only comprise of written resources, but also are stacked with exhaustive video presentations to aid the candidates in understanding the course
- Candidates will have the liberty to practice the skills and knowledge that they acquire during the training course in local schools or in their own school (if they are employed)
- At the end of each module there will be assessments which the candidates need to complete in order to go on to the next level and in the process complete the course
- As you are acquainted with the techniques of identifying and eliminating health and safety hazards, you will become more aware as an individual which will be beneficial even in your personal life
- You must have a system with a processor of 1 gigahertz (GHz), 1 GB RAM, Operating Systems supporting Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS, iOS and Browsers with Internet Explorer 8 or above, Google Chrome, Safari 8, Mozilla Firefox
After this course
After successfully completing this course, there will be better job opportunities that are sure to find its way and knock your door. This course allows the candidates to be eligible for better teaching positions, or for teacher-in-charges, training positions in schools or in any teacher-training institute, and will certainly benefit those who have opened day care facilities or crèche or are thinking of opening one. Since this course is internationally recognised, it will open many new avenues in various places around the globe and hence will help you in realising your dream of teaching abroad.
You can avail the course at a reasonable fee of 8,000 INR/110 USD/85 GBP/3,650 THB.
You can opt for a number of easy ways to pay your fees using Debit / Credit Card or by depositing Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft to our bank account. After the payment is credited the candidates will be receiving payment confirmation with online admission form. They need to fill up the same and submit in order to get online access to the course.
The course can be completed within a span of 12 months.