About the course
Communication and language is one of the key areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), which is designed to aid development in the under fives and prepare them for school. This short, online course is tailored to educate childcare workers about this crucial subject.
The course focuses on the importance of developing good communication skills in children and how we can support this by helping them build their confidence with language by modelling their conversation, listening to them and demonstrating that what they say is important and valued. Not only that, the course gives you the opportunity to reflect on how well you communicate with the children in your setting and how this can be improved.
All study takes place online, meaning you can choose a suitable time and place to give the course content your full attention. You will learn through activities, reading, presentations and videos, meaning the content is interesting and easy to apply to your real world setting.
Note: Certificates must be applied within 3 months of course completion.
Cache Endorsed Certificates are included with the course and are available after completion.
This course is CACHE endorsed.
Why this course?
Every early childhood assistant knows that having effective communication skills is an essential part of the job. This is mainly because they are required to communicate with children, parents and colleagues on a daily basis. Of course it should come as no surprise that the skills required to communicate with a child are very different than those required to communicate with an adult. Experts know that when communicating with young children, it is always best to advise them on what they should be doing, rather than what they should not be doing. This is again because children respond well to positive encouragement.
Children experience a range of problems and worries at home, at school, with their peers and in the community. Some children may talk in a way that 'normalises' abuse and neglect because that's what they have experienced as normal. Alternatively, they may avoid discussing these topics because they are painful to acknowledge or because they're concerned about the consequences of telling.Professionals and carers need to pay attention not only to what the child says, but also to what they are not saying. They also need to pay attention to how the child behaves. Listening to the child's views will help social workers and others to build a trusting relationship.
Who should attend ?
- All those associated with Early Years childcare
- New and existing Early Years practitioners who work in schools
- Childminders and everybody else who is on the Early Years register
- Individuals who wants to work with children
- Early years practitioners who want to learn the skill of managing children at their early age
- Anyone who plays a big role in the growth of a child Montessori teachers who want to brush up their skills to assist children in their yearly years
- Nursery workers who want to evolve as early year childcare practitioners
- People who are looking for a career change
What do you learn?
- You can learn about the benefits of instilling good communication skills in very young children.
- You can explore how you can model good communication in children and the positive influence this will have.
- You will discover how communication and language underpins all children's learning.
- You can read the informative texts How to Communicate with Children at Different Ages and Stages of Development and Supporting Children's Speech, Language and Communication Development.
- Study the Communication Trust's guide to stages of communication in children from birth to five years.
- In Talk Together by ICAN, gain insight into helping babies and very young children learn talking skills.
- You can explore the relevant sections of the Department for Education documents Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage and Development Matters.
- You can expand your knowledge by watching presentations on Supporting Communication and How to talk so Children Listen and How to listen so Children Talk.
- You can move on to watching four videos in the series Through the Eyes of a Child on the Communication Trust website, with the option to read the accompanying guide for childcare workers and watch a further video.
- The extended learning section includes useful further reading and video options and suggests observation activities such as watching a group of children playing together.
- You can complete the multiple choice assessment on Communication and the EYFS.
How do you learn?
- Technical support is on hand, should you encounter problems.
- The carefully balanced combination of reading material, presentations, videos, activities and opportunities for further study means all learning styles are catered for and study is fun, practical and engaging.
- You will get the access to the course is for 12 months on signing up.
- Developing your skills by learning about communication with under fives won't just make your work more fulfilling; it will also get you noticed by potential employers.
- You must have a system with a processor of 1 gigahertz (GHz), 1 GB RAM, Operating Systems supporting Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS, iOS and Browsers with Internet Explorer 8 or above, Google Chrome, Safari 8, Mozilla Firefox
After this course
This course will help you to work as an early year childcare practitioner in several schools. You will be eligible to teach not only in schools but also in several educational organizations. You can teach in Montessori, primary schools, playschools and other multiple places. If you are already a teacher but are looking to sharpen up your skill set, change jobs or negotiate a higher salary, this course will set you on the path to career progression by boosting your confidence and ensuring your knowledge is as secure and up to date as possible.
You can avail the course at a reasonable fee of 8,000 INR/105 USD/80 GBP/3450 THB.
You can opt for a number of easy ways to pay your fees using Debit / Credit Card or by depositing Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft to our bank account. After the payment is credited the candidates will be receiving payment confirmation with online admission form. They need to fill up the same and submit in order to get online access to the course.
The course can be completed within a span of 12 months.