About the course
The course starts with the Introduction to Nannying which has been developed in association with the British Association of Professional Nannies. The module will explore the role and responsibilities of a professional nanny, the main elements of working with children and gives a real insight into how a nanny is an integral part of any family who employs them. You will then visit the topic of the Revised Early Years Foundation Stage which should be followed as it sets the standard for the learning, development and care of children from birth to the age of 5. Candidates will then be run through how to provide a safe environment for children to be educated and play in. This is achieved through safeguarding and key health practices that all professionals, no matter what industry, must adhere to. The course will also focus on the play and learning opportunities that can be facilitated in an outdoor environment, allow you to explore the many benefits of allowing children to play imaginatively outdoors, both in terms of their physical and cognitive development.
This package gains you two certificates; one certificate from Cache confirming your endorsed learning package, the second will cover all the modules (endorsed learning programmes) within the package. Additionally, you will also receive a Globally Recognised Certificate from Asian College of Teachers.
Note: Certificates must be applied within 3 months of course completion.
Cache Endorsed Certificates are included with the course and are available after completion.
This course is CACHE endorsed.
Why this course?
If you are interested in a career which involves working with children then you need to ensure you have the right skills and certifications to do so, especially when it comes to a home environment.
You learn how to promote safeguarding by addressing aspects of your service that are related and appreciate the importance of safeguarding, and why it should be a priority during training. You will get an idea about the signs, symptoms and effects of child abuse and neglect and learn how to identify poor practice, with the help of a PowerPoint presentation that is delivered as part of the course.
You also gain insight into how children can keep themselves safe, and how you can help them to develop these skills and explore a setting's policy and procedures for reporting safeguarding concerns.
You can work through the guided learning and independent study, including relevant news stories, NSPCC guidance, the EYFS standards of care, charities that can provide info and advice on safeguarding children, reports and Ofsted documents.
This course will impart necessary training and help you understand the various job responsibilities of professional nannies. This course will help you with mastering the skills and techniques and prepare you in a way so that you can provide customized child care for children in their home.
Who should attend?
This course is appropriate for those planning a career in child care and this course will be best suited for :-
- Aspiring nannies looking for a professional career
- Those who are eager to learn about the essential role of the professional nanny
- Those who want to gain insight into safeguarding young children
- People planning to be babysitters
- Governess looking to upgrade their skills
- Those associated with training nannies
What do you learn?
- Briefly cover the original EYFS, before continuing on to work through the revisions in detail.
- Learn more about the formation of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) statutory framework.
- Get to grips with the Tickell Review of the EYFS.
- Understand and summarise some of the key changes that have been made between the 2012 and 2014 EYFS framework.
- Explore the key concepts of 'Themes' (A Unique Child, Positive Relationships, Enabling Environments and Learning and Development) and the associated 'Principles' that are part of the statutory framework.
- Understand the difference between the three new prime areas and four new specific areas of the Learning and Development theme.
- Identify the formal assessments that are required by the EYFS.
- Learn about the essential role of the professional nanny and how to handle the inevitable challenges involved with working in such a relaxed and personal environment.
- Get to grips with the importance of a routine, and why, even in its simplest form, an established routine is an essential foundation to any day. Learn more about some of the various elements of a routine, such as nap times, hygiene, meal times and organised events.
- Appreciate the significance of time management, and how it is a crucial skill for any nanny. Learn how to plan ahead and organise events and ideas in advance, including the use of the television as an educational tool.
- Learn about the importance of respect, professional boundaries, confidentiality and good communication, to ensure the relationship between nanny and parent is one built on mutual respect for each other.
- Understand some of the basic, essential requirements needed to become a professional nanny, including the necessary paperwork, training, registrations and liability involved.
- Identify the five key aspects of health and safety that need to be considered, and the importance of risk assessment.
- Learn about the benefits of outdoor play for children.
- Explore why children who enjoy outdoor play are more likely to enjoy an active, outdoor lifestyle into adulthood.
- Find out about the important factors in planning an outdoor play space.
- Learn about the outdoor environment, the opportunities it offers and suggestions for activities in the text Support Healthy Lifestyles for Children.
- Access the NHS Choices guidelines on how much physical activity under 5s need to do to remain healthy.
- Explore the report Effective Practice: Outdoor Learning by The Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Explore the Association of Forest schools website to find out what forest schools are and what benefits are associated with them.
- Study the relevant parts of the Department for Education's Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Learn about Play England's research on the importance of balancing risk and opportunity when it comes to planning outdoor play.
- Get ideas and resources for outdoor play including permission forms for parents and carers from the Learning through Landscapes website.
- Find and read the health and safety policies and procedures for outdoor play at your own setting, including paediatric first aid requirements.
- Enhance your knowledge by watching presentations on Outdoor Play and Children Managing Risk.
- See good practice in action with an Ofsted produced video about an open air nursery in Chelsea.
- Explore the Extended Learning section to discover videos and reading material on many aspects of outdoor play.
- Understand the basic issues relating to safeguarding and when you should be concerned.
- Learn how to promote safeguarding by addressing aspects of your service that are related and understand its importance, and why it should be a priority during training.
- Read up about the relevant legislation, guidance and practice in the UK with regards to the child protection system.
- Understand some of the signs, symptoms and effects of child abuse and neglect.
- Learn how to identify poor practice, with the help of a PowerPoint presentation that is delivered as part of the course.
- Gain insight into how children can keep themselves safe, and how you can help them to develop these skills.
- Explore a setting's policy and procedures for reporting safeguarding concerns.
- Work through the guided learning and independent study, including relevant news stories, NSPCC guidance, the EYFS standards of care, charities that can provide info and advice on safeguarding children, reports and Ofsted documents.
How do you learn?
- 12 months unlimited access to the course content
- As the course is provided in the online mode of learning, the aspirants are able to pursue the course from different parts of the world which may even be from the comfort of your home or from other places of your convenience
- Sign in and study anytime, anywhere. All you need is an internet connection
- 24 hour, Monday to Friday technical support
- Course completion certificate once you have completed the training
- Get your CV to the top of the pile using the knowledge and skills you have gained
- You must have a system with a processor of 1 gigahertz (GHz), 1 GB RAM, Operating Systems supporting Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS, iOS and Browsers with Internet Explorer 8 or above, Google Chrome, Safari 8, Mozilla Firefox
After this course
After successful completion of the course you will master the organizational skills when it comes to child care and will learn all the know-how related to personalized child care and how to meet the needs of young children. You can go for a career as a nanny and apply as a professional child carer. If you are already into child care then you can upgrade your skills with this online course.Babysitters can also opt for this course and this course will also be beneficial for governesses as well.
You can avail the course at a reasonable fee of 23,500 INR/320 USD/250 GBP/11000 THB.
You can opt for a number of easy ways to pay your fees using Debit / Credit Card or by depositing Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft to our bank account. After the payment is credited the candidates will be receiving payment confirmation with online admission form. They need to fill up the same and submit in order to get online access to the course.
The course can be completed within a span of 12 months.